Why become a member? ×

Calling all Scotland based players.....

david_l_perry

Not sure how many of you guys are in Scotland, but there is a bass bash organised for this weekend (Sun 6th Feb)

...so far there are way more people coming from over the Border (and many from way down south) than guys from Scotland....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=117436&st=0"]Moffat Bass Bash[/url]

Come on chaps...help support this event and tip the balance back your way :)

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1107882' date='Jan 30 2011, 09:40 AM']Not sure how many of you guys are in Scotland, but there is a bass bash organised for this weekend (Sun 6th Feb)

...so far there are way more people coming from over the Border (and many from way down south) than guys from Scotland....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=117436&st=0"]Moffat Bass Bash[/url]

Come on chaps...help support this event and tip the balance back your way :)[/quote]

first ive heard of it Dave, I might pop along, weather permitting,
ah if it was only closer to where I stay as I have no trians , buses or cars in my town,
in saying that I would be there if it was any other weekend but hope you guys have a great one and I will def be at the next,
I cant believe its so close to where I stay but cant make it.

Oh no wait,,,,I am going.

I plead a special dispensation. I`m doing a gig on the saturday night and it will be a late one otherwise I would be there.

Question. What to do - play a gig, get paid and mabye have some fun with the ladies afterwards :) or drive for 1.5 hours to spend time with some hairy ars*d blokes and bass guitars?

Sorry folks!!

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1108141' date='Jan 30 2011, 02:04 PM']I plead a special dispensation. I`m doing a gig on the saturday night and it will be a late one otherwise I would be there.

Question. What to do - play a gig, get paid and mabye have some fun with the ladies afterwards :) or drive for 1.5 hours to spend time with some hairy ars*d blokes and bass guitars?

Sorry folks!!

Jez[/quote]

Its on the Sunday....you can do both... :)

I thought this was sold out a few weeks back so didn't bother making arrangements and I'm 30mins from Moffat.
Pretty sure it was on the website too that i read it being sold out. ?
Is it still on and is there any more info about it ?

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1109409' date='Jan 31 2011, 01:19 PM']I thought this was sold out a few weeks back so didn't bother making arrangements and I'm 30mins from Moffat.
Pretty sure it was on the website too that i read it being sold out. ?
Is it still on and is there any more info about it ?

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

Check out the web link
[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk"]www.moffatbassbash.co.uk[/url]

Nope....It was only the overnight B&B tickets that had sold out...

Tickets still available for the Sunday Bash...bring along that nice overwater of yours.... :)

As you are only 30mins away it would be a crime not to come down.....

Dave

Edited by david_l_perry

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1107882' date='Jan 30 2011, 09:40 AM']...so far there are way more people coming from over the Border (and many from way down south) than guys from Scotland...[/quote]
Might be because some of us Scots have had the advantage of having been to Moffat before, and already know that there's not a lot of reason to go back.

[quote name='noelk27' post='1109639' date='Jan 31 2011, 04:11 PM']Might be because some of us Scots have had the advantage of having been to Moffat before, and already know that there's not a lot of reason to go back.[/quote]

:)

Its got a great sandwich shop and curry house......

I do keep going over to Manchester for the UK bass day...and I am off to Harrogate again....funnily enough I don't go for the local views.. :)

[quote name='noelk27' post='1109639' date='Jan 31 2011, 04:11 PM']Might be because some of us Scots have had the advantage of having been to Moffat before, and already know that there's not a lot of reason to go back.[/quote]
There's always the woollen mill - what more do you need - LOL !!!!
Few good pubs in Moffat from what I can remember although maybe not lively just traditional real ale type pubs.
Then there's the singing potter - you only visit this guy once - that was enough for me. Scared the bejesus outa me and the missus.
I'm not religious so this was scary. Worth a visit though - even more LOL !!!!

Will check out website tonight and hopefully should make it. Should be a good day.

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1109449' date='Jan 31 2011, 01:49 PM']Check out the web link
[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk"]www.moffatbassbash.co.uk[/url]

Nope....It was only the overnight B&B tickets that had sold out...

Tickets still available for the Sunday Bash...bring along that nice overwater of yours.... :)

As you are only 30mins away it would be a crime not to come down.....

Dave[/quote]

Bought tickets tonight so will see you there at some point during day.
Thanks for the post.

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1110055' date='Jan 31 2011, 08:34 PM']Bought tickets tonight so will see you there at some point during day.
Thanks for the post.

Cheers
Dave[/quote]

Nice One Dave :)

Look forward to it..!!

Only thing that has a time slot is Stevie Williams and that is planned for about 1.30 ish...

[quote name='tinyviking' post='1110378' date='Jan 31 2011, 11:11 PM']Ok, you've convinced me to show some solidarity for my homeland!
Just purchased a ticket and I'll email the gear list I can bring...

Now, where is that map and compass...

:)[/quote]

Nice one Euan...list updated pal !

Tha balance is starting to tip..... :)

We have just had one room come free for the Sat stay over (Beers...curry...hangover...fantastic..)

Its either 1 or 2 singles sharing a twin room or one double room (double bed)

£40 each or
£70 for the double (remember its a double bed in this room...)

The cost is for the stay over at the B&B [i]and [/i] the Sunday entrance ticket

Please note: Tickets are non-refundable as we need to book and pay for the rooms and hall in advance

[b]First come first served [/b]- if anybody has booked a Sunday ticket and now wants the weekend ticket get in touch and we will swap it over

Email Alan to book the place :-
[[email protected]][email protected][/email]

Event badges will be handed out on the Sunday. Hang onto them, as they will get you a discount at the local café.

Edited by david_l_perry

[quote name='tinyviking' post='1110378' date='Jan 31 2011, 11:11 PM']Ok, you've convinced me to show some solidarity for my homeland!
Just purchased a ticket and I'll email the gear list I can bring...

Now, where is that map and compass...

:)[/quote]

Compass - you don't need a map and compass just follow my simple directions below.

From Edinburgh
Head South and turn right at the wall. You can't miss it.

From Glasgow
Head South and turn left at the wall. You can't miss it.

I left for Moffat on 3rd Jan so should make it for Sunday lunch time. - LOL !!!!!

See you there

Dave

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='1109660' date='Jan 31 2011, 04:25 PM']I do keep going over to Manchester for the UK bass day...and I am off to Harrogate again....funnily enough I don't go for the local views.. :)[/quote]
At Moffat, the Devil's Beeftub is quite a view, and the A701 is a fun road on a bike - though it apparently got named "Fireblade Alley" in the tail end of last century by the local polis, who apparently picked up more wrecked 'Blades on that road than were ever sold in Scotland.

[quote name='tauzero' post='1111065' date='Feb 1 2011, 02:40 PM']At Moffat, the Devil's Beeftub is quite a view, and the A701 is a fun road on a bike - though it apparently got named "Fireblade Alley" in the tail end of last century by the local polis, who apparently picked up more wrecked 'Blades on that road than were ever sold in Scotland.[/quote]
The road out to St Mary's Loch from Moffat is far better for bikes although local bobbies are always out on force on it.
I'm ok as I drive a Harley so not much chance of pulling me over for speeding.

Dave :)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1112366' date='Feb 2 2011, 01:35 PM']The weekend is still dark and mysterious... can I just turn up (on Sunday) if I find I have time?[/quote]

You have to buy a ticket online and bring the paypal printout with you.

But you could do that Sunday morning if you wish....[b]just dont forget the paypal receipt.[/b]

Dave