Why become a member? ×

Hi From Bristol

Adam Ef

Hi from Bristol. Just a quick intro. Really a guitar player who also enjoys playing a bit of bass but not really got the stamina for the heavier strings.
I found this place when looking around for somewhere to sell a bass that I have, but am not going to list it yet as I know how rude it is to just arrive somewhere to sell things. Looking forward to looking around a bit and hopefully not going to find anything to tempt me to start saving for the Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray that I've always wanted. I'm meant to be getting rid of one to pay the bills not buy a new one, but it's still in the back of my mind. One day... one day maybe.

Cheers, Adam

Edited by Adam Ef

[quote name='Adam Ef' post='1099656' date='Jan 23 2011, 02:22 PM']Looking forward to looking around a bit and hopefully not going to find anything to tempt me to start saving for the Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray that I've always wanted.[/quote]

Errrrm...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120674615753&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_948wt_1139

Ssssshhh... :)

Liam

[quote name='Stuee' post='1099762' date='Jan 23 2011, 04:05 PM']But Liam, what's up with the YouTube clip on your listing? It's a totally different instrument ??[/quote]

Blimey! You scared me then, but I checked and the video clip linked from there is the very same black, black rosewood MM in the auction. Which is handy.

I'm selling a couple of me basses at the mo and I thought I'd linked to the wrong ones...that would be very bad!

What instrument did you see? Or was it a mirage...

I'm liking the west country nature of this little discussion.

Liam

[quote name='leroybasslines' post='1099709' date='Jan 23 2011, 03:12 PM']Errrrm...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120674615753&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_948wt_1139

Ssssshhh... :)

Liam[/quote]

and now it's showing up on my recently viewed items every time I got to ebay to check the things I'm selling to raise money... tempting me to spend more than my sales are raising!

Must resist.

[quote name='Adam Ef' post='1100112' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:01 PM']and now it's showing up on my recently viewed items every time I got to ebay to check the things I'm selling to raise money... tempting me to spend more than my sales are raising!

Must resist.[/quote]

Dude, I'm sorry! Didn't mean to put you in the path of temptation. :)

It's rubbish. Terrible. An unplayable heap of junk. Like all the other beautiful Stingrays. Honest...

Seriously though, a chap has kind of made a tentative offer and is sleeping on it before deciding for definite. So your ordeal may soon be over I'm afraid...unless you sell a lot of stuff tonight!

Good luck sleeping... :)

[quote name='leroybasslines' post='1100082' date='Jan 23 2011, 08:42 PM']Blimey! You scared me then, but I checked and the video clip linked from there is the very same black, black rosewood MM in the auction. Which is handy.

I'm selling a couple of me basses at the mo and I thought I'd linked to the wrong ones...that would be very bad!

What instrument did you see? Or was it a mirage...[/quote]

Oops, you're quite right Liam. My netbook has a hair trigger touchpad and I must've clicked on a 'related' video as I scrolled the page. Sorry.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa9RgzpEtMg"]This[/url] is the video I saw... quite different!! Your bass and your playing are much nicer than Random Dude's (sorry Random Dude) hehe :)

Cheers, Stuee.

[quote name='Stuee' post='1100157' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:32 PM']Oops, you're quite right Liam. My netbook has a hair trigger touchpad and I must've clicked on a 'related' video as I scrolled the page. Sorry.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa9RgzpEtMg"]This[/url] is the video I saw... quite different!! Your bass and your playing are much nicer than Random Dude's (sorry Random Dude) hehe :)

Cheers, Stuee.[/quote]

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeew! Thanks: I'm glad to be compared favourably to Random Dude. Although I spend more time doing a sales blah than actually playing!

Random dude has the look of a guitar player about him if you ask me. You can tell: it's all a bit loose and wooly...he needs to start obsessing about being in the pocket and becoming one with a drummer's right foot and listening to nothing other than rhythm sections for a couple of decades! It's the only way.

No offence Adam Ef! I seem to remember you declaring your six string tendencies early on. It's not to late to turn from your sin...we can make a man of you! :)