Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC Jazz 4 - trans white, maple board - £1,850

molan

[b]By a somewhat circuitous route this little beauty has ended up back in my hands but I have my eyes on alternative 'super' J so thought I'd stick it back up for sale to see if anyone might be interested :)[/b]

[b]Since it came back it's been in to the wonderful Jon Shuker to have the neck lacquer completely refinished (which also required a refret) and has been nicely set up at the same time.[/b]

[b]Now priced at £1,850 plus shipping[/b]

Great example of a Sadowsky custom build NYC J bass made in the early/mid '90's. I simply have too many active J basses and it's not getting played enough so thought I'd see if anyone out there is inteested.

Basses from this era were made with the highest quality lightweight woods that Roger Sadowsky could source so he didn't have to resort to chambering bodies to reduce weight as he now does with so any of the new builds.

Consequently it's a lovely light weight and really well balanced. My bathroom scales are showing it at about 8lbs with the centre pickup cover on (not shown in the pictures below).

It has all original fittings, apart from a new set of Sadowsky strings, and everything is completely glitch free with no scratchy pots

Given the age; it's prior to the VTC tone option (although I think this is fairly easy to retro-fit) but it does have active/passive switching.

The body is in absolutely immaculate condition and I can't see a mark on it anywhere. The 'trans' white finish allows the natural woods to show through underneath and the clear plastic pick-guard means it doesn't have any slap/pop marks on the body. It looks quite cool to me with the guard on but obviously this could be removed if anyone wanted a totally clean body look.

The maple neck is a joy to play, nicely worn in to a smooth semi-matt finish but without any wear marks that I can find. Some nice markings in the wood and on both front and back of headstock.

Comes with its original Sadowsky hard/soft case. If you haven't used one of these then they are definitely worth looking out for, my favourite type of case - tough enough to offer really good protection but light enough to lug around for everyday gigging.

Overall a really nice classy, but giggable, Sadowsky in a very nice wood/colour combination.

Happy to ship anywhere at buyer's cost so long as funds are cleared in advance.

Edited by molan

Actually I am looking for a Sadowsky that can do the Tal Wilkenfeld thing really well.
I love the older Sadowsky's but I need one that has a darker tone to it then normal (some sadowsky have more of a bite that I don't like)
I have a real nice early cbs jazz bass (1971 custom color body (black) with a 1974 maple maple neck.. a real player and inrcrediblely light.
That bass is modded a bit but again is a real player don't know if you have any interest in that maybe?

Cheers and ofcourse good luck!

Edited by Brams77

[quote name='molan' post='1075519' date='Jan 2 2011, 05:52 PM']So nice they named it twice :)[/quote]

Hi
I have a 2005 limited edition musicman sterling bass that I would be interested in trading with a cash adjustment your way. here is the link dhttp://www.adverts.ie/guitar-bass/musicman-sterling-limited-edition-4-string-bass-price-drop-to-1100-euro/333264. Let me know if your interested and maybe we can do a deal.

PM's replied to and some possible offers kicking around :)

Had some requests to see the pickup cover attached so I've added some more pics as well. These were taken with flash so they're showing it a bit 'whiter' than the natural colour.

Hmmmmm that is a stunner!!! I have been gassing for a little white number for a while... ~Not sure about trading my Lakky JO (which you may not even want!)

Looking at online bank account now................................................... :)

Edited by bassfan

[quote name='bassfan' post='1081595' date='Jan 7 2011, 10:30 PM']Hmmmmm that is a stunner!!! I have been gassing for a little white number for a while... ~Not sure about trading my Lakky JO (which you may not even want!)

Looking at online bank account now................................................... :lol:[/quote]

JO's are always easy to sell :)

I can split payments as well of that helps :)

[quote name='ceritas' post='1086121' date='Jan 11 2011, 09:34 PM']Hi

I'm interested for an exchange - fender jazz bass 78, black, rosewood in original shape. Everything is original on this bass. It is without a case. If you are interested please send me an e mail on [email protected].
thank you
Cera[/quote]

Already have a '78 in the house I'm afraid :)

[quote name='molan' post='1099611' date='Jan 23 2011, 02:36 PM']All possible trades have fallen through on this one so a quick bump to say it's still available :)[/quote]

Do you think about jazz bass 78 it is avaiable. please send me a note if you are interedted in. regards

[quote name='ceritas' post='1099621' date='Jan 23 2011, 01:47 PM']Do you think about jazz bass 78 it is avaiable. please send me a note if you are interedted in. regards[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but I've got a refin '78 that pretty much fulfils my needs for a late '70's J :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...