Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro RV5 with VTC- Sunburst/tort w/ Rosewood neck

Mike

Hi all!

Selling what I hoped would be my number 2 bass (behind my Sad 4) but realised that my small hands require a closer string spacing on a 5 string. I have since found something suitable so this has to go.

It's a Sadowsky Metro RV5 in sunburst, with a tortoiseshell pickguard and rosewood neck. [url="http://www.sadowsky.com/instruments/metro.html"]Check here for details from Sadowsky about these basses.[/url]

Bass is in very good condition - some light scratching to the top front above the pickups (see pics) , and dings on the top horn and behind near the rear strap button.

When I bought it, the VTC tone knob was loose. Roger Sadowsky kindly sent me one and it is now fitted and firm!

Comes with a Sadowsky semihard case, pictures - the bottom of the case has briefly been used for claw-sharpening by one my cats, pictured! just a couple of square inches.

I would REALLY prefer pickup only on this (or meet for a little petrol money). I am in Chelmsford, Essex (postcode CM2) which is close to the A12 and J27 on M25. I would hate this to get damaged in transit. So people willing to pickup preferred and given priority! I guess I can ship for around £40 fully insured.

Price is [s][u]£1300[/u][/s] [b]now £1150-[/b] not really negotiable, I'm afraid - the bass that replaced it was £1400!

No trades please - don't really need any more basses, need the money.

What's that? Pictures? My pleasure!

Feel free to PM with any questions. Cheers!

Edited by Mike

Damn cats they are the scurge of furry cabs and bass cases alike, lovely looking bass and I would love it to go with my 4(my fav colour as well, plus I live in Ipswich), but I have a '74 Fender Jazz to move on first. Good luck with the sale.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='Mike' post='1067278' date='Dec 22 2010, 10:14 PM']What's that? Pictures? My pleasure!

Feel free to PM with any questions. Cheers!

EDIT: If pictures are being dodgy, [url="http://usera.imagecave.com/mikemcgibney-photo/sale/"]please go here![/url][/quote]

Mike just so you know your pictures say bandwidth exceeded and your link doesn't work for me. Maybe fine for others but just letting you know!

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='1077101' date='Jan 4 2011, 10:36 AM']Mike just so you know your pictures say bandwidth exceeded and your link doesn't work for me. Maybe fine for others but just letting you know![/quote]

Same problem here.

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='1081507' date='Jan 7 2011, 08:43 PM']I have to ask: is this my old one? I can't remember who bought it from me...

If so, lovely bass. If not, er, lovely bass.[/quote]

I bought it from a chap in London called Henry.

[quote name='krth1985' post='1081097' date='Jan 7 2011, 02:23 PM']I am really tempted to start saving for this :)[/quote]

G'wan!

Still for sale, prefer uk sale, would like to hand this bass over in person ideally!

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='1084873' date='Jan 10 2011, 09:24 PM']In that case it is my old one. One of the best 5s I've played. The spacing is spot-on.[/quote]

Agreed, it's magnificent. The only reason for sale is that the woody sound of an Ibanez SR5005E is suiting me better and has close string spacing for my little hands.