Why become a member? ×

Killer Dingwall's

bubinga5

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1064966' date='Dec 20 2010, 07:34 PM']I remember seeing that, was it Talkbass where I first saw it? Anyway, I thought it was really cheesy and naff looking, especially when you compared it something like Al Di Meola's Rainbow PRS...

[/quote]

I like that a lot!!

[quote name='charic' post='1066400' date='Dec 22 2010, 01:30 AM']I had a thought last night. Has anyone done a fanned fret pbass? We all know that a P bass is normally great a cutting through the mix. Imagine how could it could be also imagine how good it could look if you used the dingwall super j aesthetics![/quote]

It's on our future development list. I'd really like to do it in the original P style with the big black pickguard and sharper edges.

Ive been talking to a few luthiers about modding up my five string T-Bird with fanned frets, unfortunately the price of the work makes it a bit prohibitive, so ive been drooling over the Dingwall's too.
Looks like the perfect answer to all my drop tuned intonation issues.

Any chance of a Dingwall T-Bird Sheldon?
aaah, go on, you know you want to!

Ive made myself come over all perculiar just thinking about such a beast!

[quote name='deepbass5' post='1067202' date='Dec 22 2010, 08:44 PM']A 'P' Bass Fanned Fret !!!

It would have to be a reverse P pickup to sound right, has a certain Bearded Gentleman been pushing for a distressed Salmon pink double reverse P Bass per-chance[/quote]

I have actually asked Sheldon in his forum if he would be possible for him to fit the P-Bass pickup in the inverted position and this was his reply:

[quote name='"Grand Wazoo"']Sheldon are you of the Church of inverted P-bass pickup[/quote]

[quote name='"Sheldon Dingwall"']I am on all of our pickups except the SJP. The reason being that when reversing them on a fanned-fret they get really spread out to the point of cutting through the pickguard. This in itself wouldn't be so bad except that we want a universal rout under the pickguard so that people have the option of switching out at a later date.[/quote]

[quote name='Meenie' post='1067110' date='Dec 22 2010, 01:15 PM']Ive been talking to a few luthiers about modding up my five string T-Bird with fanned frets, unfortunately the price of the work makes it a bit prohibitive, so ive been drooling over the Dingwall's too.
Looks like the perfect answer to all my drop tuned intonation issues.

Any chance of a Dingwall T-Bird Sheldon?
aaah, go on, you know you want to!

Ive made myself come over all perculiar just thinking about such a beast![/quote]

We've got one drawn up. The look of the fanned-frets work really well with the shape of the T-bird body. I've got a bunch of products that I need to finish with then I'll take on the D-bird.

O H
M Y
G O D ! ! ! !

Sheldon, you are now my favourite human bieng, officially!

A D-Bird would make the world a much better place, oh just imagine it....yeah there would still be famine, war, poverty and Swindon but the difference would be that if i had a D-Bird i really would'nt give a sh@#!

My Christmas and indeed Birthday have just been made!

Thankyou good sir!

[quote name='Meenie' post='1068675' date='Dec 24 2010, 12:38 PM']O H
M Y
G O D ! ! ! !

Sheldon, you are now my favourite human bieng, officially!

A D-Bird would make the world a much better place, oh just imagine it....yeah there would still be famine, war, poverty and Swindon but the difference would be that if i had a D-Bird i really would'nt give a sh@#!

My Christmas and indeed Birthday have just been made!

Thankyou good sir![/quote]

Roughly Translates to: :)

+1 :)