Why become a member? ×

Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 15 Tallboy For Sale

andyonbass

Some of you may be familiar with this cab, built with great care and attention by Dave Perry, (build diary [url="http://www.finnbass.com/showthread.php?t=2216&highlight=omni15+tallboy"]HERE[/url]), but sadly, due to a shortage of gigs, and my lad taking up Kart racing, I have decided I need to reduce the amount of gear I have accumulated. I have enjoyed gigging this cab over the last year or so, its been 100% reliable and coped easily with any situation whilst sounding brilliant. Surprisingly easy to move about and load up too. Hardly a mark on it, its been protected by a superb quality Roqsolid fitted cover. I bought this off of Hamster, on here, for £300 about a year ago [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72089&hl=omni+15"]For sale thread here [/url] so after a years light gigging its still gotta be worth [s]£275[/s] £250 of anybody's money. Hell, for the money there's nothing that comes even close, and I'll be lucky to get a set of tyres for that, but its priced to sell . Collection from Swindon, possible deliver or meet halfway depending on time/distance

[url="http://www.billfitzmaurice.info/Omni15.html"]Bill Fitzmaurice O15 web page[/url]

Check out the above links for more pics and specs

Weight: 41kg
Height: 103cm
Width: 53cm
Depth: 50cm

[attachment=66313:PICT0353.jpg] [attachment=66314:PICT0352.jpg]

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1056400' date='Dec 12 2010, 07:51 PM']Is there a means of shutting off the tweeters for fuzzyness?[/quote]

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I guess it might be possible to install a switch to disable/enable them.
Sorry, not much help! :)

I've got the 'Wideboy' version of this cab (same parts slightly different layout) and can highly recommend it.

The bottom end on these is nothing short of amazing as it's basically a sub with a 15" driver. The midrange is handled admirably by the 8" driver with any top end requirements by the tweeters.

On mine, I found the tweeter a little bright for my tastes and although a simple switch could be installed, I just stuffed a small piece of black cloth in the horn to tame it....!

As has been said, £275 wouldn't get you the parts (there's some quality coils in the crossovers) let alone the hours spent building it.

S'bargain, I tells you all, a bargain! :)

[quote name='umph' post='1056630' date='Dec 12 2010, 09:41 PM']any idea what speakers are in this?[/quote]

I believe there's an Eminence Kappalite 3015 neo doing the bottom end stuff - not sure about the rest without checking the build thread.

Switching the tweeters off is no more than a switch away, £2 or £3 at most + a bit of time. This cab is the one of the bargains of a lifetime. From a quick scan of the original thread a 3015 LF and an eminence 8" + tweeters. Go on buy it, stop me please, I have just bought the parts and this is cheaper and less time and effort. You know you want to. Why am I building one; to compare it with my Barefaced Big one at 8 Ohm, 500W. These guitar players with their 20W and 40W valve combos, too loud man, too loud... and Roland the drummer is beyond belief. How did I manage with a Vox AC50 and Foundation 2x15 as my first serious! bass rig. (edited for spelling due to my jumpy t***a laptop mousepad).

Edited by 3below

Car, train, boat, bike and trailer, dolly with casters, friend, exploitee, courier, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband, mistress etc. - you know you want it (I'm not on commission here, I just know a good bass cab when I see one) (edit apologies for Casters it should be Castors in the UK)

Edited by 3below

[quote name='umph' post='1056630' date='Dec 12 2010, 09:41 PM']any idea what speakers are in this?[/quote]

[quote name='3below' post='1056655' date='Dec 12 2010, 09:54 PM']From a quick scan of the original thread a 3015 LF and an eminence 8" + tweeters.[/quote]

What he said ↑↑↑ :)

Thanks for the endorsements, guys :)

It is superb for getting in and out of venues with the tilt back castors, its narrow enough to fit through any doors with ease and is a simple one hand operation to lug around. It is lighter than my previous peavey 4x10, and much easier to move about. Oh and it sounds tons better!

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1056567' date='Dec 12 2010, 09:12 PM']Basically, if you use fuzz pedals, tweeters do horrible shrieking, so I'd need to turn them off. Was hoping there'd be an attentuator knob somewhere, can probably rig one in.[/quote]

You could even mount a jack on the back plate so you can bring a lead to the front and connect it to a footswitch so you can turn the tweeter on and off from your pedalboard acording to taste!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

Sadly the components I ordered have arrived before I could cancel them (Xmas and new year in France) so I will have to build my own, this will cost more and take time conmpared to this one. This is an absolute giveaway for a super bass cab.

[quote name='3below' post='1081614' date='Jan 7 2011, 10:46 PM']I will have to build my own, this will cost more and take time conmpared to this one. This is an absolute giveaway for a super bass cab.[/quote]

I promise you wont be disappointed with the results! Stonking performance and if I had the space I would keep hold of this until I get back in a band situation, but I still have the Omni 10.5's I built and something has to go! Its good fun building your own, though :)