Why become a member? ×

If I had a pound for every time I visited this forum

KevinJazzBass

Hi guys, I know this isnt a for sale thread but I wanted to say something and thought this was the best place to do it.

I have two very nice basses which will cover just about any style I want to play and I still I check this Basses for section several times a day. Infact if I spent as much time practising as I do thinking about buying new basses I'd be alot better than I already am. I can help myself though.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Kev

[quote name='KevinJazzBass' post='1037922' date='Nov 26 2010, 04:11 PM']Infact if I spent as much time practising as I do thinking about buying new basses I'd be alot better than I already am.[/quote]

Probably not true - there's a lot of psychological research that supports employing imagination and visualisation techniques to improve ability at many things.

Athletes run races in their minds, F1 drivers replay times of peak performance. Bass players dream of ideal basses and how the added inspiration would raise their game. I know I do.

I've just got the bass I was after but I'm still on here looking. Since I joined I've been through at least 8 basses to get to this one, hopefully I'll just get a fretless version (Sandberg JJ5 aged somewhat!) at somepoint to accompany it then stop looking, therefore buying! It's just GAS is so compulsive it's hard to stop!!

[quote name='tom1946' post='1038183' date='Nov 26 2010, 07:33 PM']I too have all the basses I need except for two, a Shuker jazz and a USA maple neck G&L 4 string.

still look about err a lot each day. :)[/quote]

MB1. :)
I gather your still looking after that blue G&L 2000 Bass for me? :lol:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='1038078' date='Nov 26 2010, 06:18 PM']Probably not true - there's a lot of psychological research that supports employing imagination and visualisation techniques to improve ability at many things.

Athletes run races in their minds, F1 drivers replay times of peak performance. Bass players dream of ideal basses and how the added inspiration would raise their game. I know I do.[/quote]

You just keep telling yourself that :) seriously though you can make yourself better on the bass by that method, but you kind of actually have to shut your eyes and imagine playing the bass. And not just like passively, you actually have to think about playing the exact notes of the song you're trying to learn and the movement of your fingers and that.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1038192' date='Nov 26 2010, 07:40 PM']I've bought about 15 basses from here but still gig the bass I was gigging when I joined.[/quote]
:) I bet you are not alone!

I'm not far off that myself. I've gigged with BC gear at every gig since joining, even if it's just been a lead or something

[quote name='jimbobothy' post='1038089' date='Nov 26 2010, 06:27 PM']I've just got the bass I was after but I'm still on here looking. Since I joined I've been through at least 8 basses to get to this one, hopefully I'll just get a fretless version (Sandberg JJ5 aged somewhat!) at somepoint to accompany it then stop looking, therefore buying! It's just GAS is so compulsive it's hard to stop!![/quote]

Aye exactly. You ya daft brush :) only went and sold the best bass you owned to me :) :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I thank yowwwwww :D

Yareeet Jim? :P