Why become a member? ×

It's Normal?

Macko1968

Nice looking Streamer but read the guff about the broken truss rod - "It's normal with basses of this age".
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-bass-/150521705962?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item230bcaf5ea#ht_500wt_1156"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-bas...a#ht_500wt_1156[/url]

Edited by Macko1968

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1027667' date='Nov 18 2010, 10:03 AM']Another cretin making up fantasy rubbish to try & sell their broken junk. Can anyone explain why it is these retards seem to think that everyone else is even more stupid & ignorant than they are?

Unbelievable! :)

Jon.[/quote]

They're possibly not retards - merely working on the statistical possibility that there's always someone out there who's more cerebrally challenged than oneself. "There's a sucker born every minute"?

You're clearly not in their target market and I think you feel hurt and left out as a consequence, feeling the need to lash out because of your feelings of abandonment and rejection :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='1027679' date='Nov 18 2010, 10:12 AM']They're possibly not retards - merely working on the statistical possibility that there's always someone out there who's more cerebrally challenged than oneself. "There's a sucker born every minute"?

You're clearly not in their target market and I think you feel hurt and left out as a consequence, feeling the need to lash out because of your feelings of abandonment and rejection :)[/quote]
That's an interesting analysis, but unfortunately somewhat wide of the mark. My feelings of abandonment & rejection are the result of a traumatic experiences at a strict single-gender school, and those are what drives me to don my gasmask and oilskins, grab my rubber-handled clawhammer and go out killing on a warm summer's evening. It's very cathartic and I'd recommend it to anyone. :)

J.

Something niggling away in my memory banks about this one!

Safe to say a truss rod costs next to nowt (even if you get one from Warwick), which begs the question why hasn't one of the previous owners of this bass had it repaired... especially as it is so easy to do! :)

Thinking about it, I'm sure that one of the owners of this bass asked questions about the truss rod over on the Warwick forum and if they haven't had it fixed then safe to say it's stuck and may well need the fingerboard off (or a replacement neck).