Why become a member? ×

IPS Driver Error

dlloyd

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='117108' date='Jan 9 2008, 04:19 PM']What's wrong with the pics? Are they just not showing up?[/quote]

With some of the pics I just get the little box with a red X in it. Some pics show up at full size within the post (bigger than screen size) and some pics appear in the reduced % size but when clicked on go to full size (bigger than screen size) However, it's all been ok for the last 24hrs :)

Other PHP websites I've viewed at the same time have been ok?

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='118278' date='Jan 11 2008, 12:17 AM']However, it's all been ok for the last 24hrs :)[/quote]

Ha ha ha :huh: As soon as I posted this and clicked on "view new posts" the page only displayed posts made after midnight. My default is set to "get active topic's for today." Usually that default setting displays a list reflecting recent posting activity. Seconds before I posted the last post I could view posts back to 6:53pm (last) night and there were 4 pages of them. This doesn't usually happen at midnight.

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Ok. After my last post I clicked on "view new posts" - and I'm back to all posts made after midnight (today) So I experiment and change my default to "get active topics for this year" I click on "view new posts" and I get 373 pages of posts. I then select "get active topics for today", click on "view new posts" and get all the posts from about 7.00pm (4 pages) I then come to this forum to read my last post - read it, click on "view new posts" and I'm back viewing posts from midnight???

I don't know if it's all related but it's a little broken. I deleted my cache and cookies, logged in again and it's still doing the same thing.

Hamster

[quote name='Danny' post='118808' date='Jan 11 2008, 07:47 PM']Just had this for about 5 mins.

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here[/quote]

Me too, at the same time as Danny

Hamster

VPS = Virtual Private Server.

Bascially, you make a machine run multiple servers, and a Denial of Service attack (known as DDOS'ing) is someone being horrible and basically prodding it very quickly to see if it would keel over and to stop others using it.

[quote name='ped' post='118932' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:23 AM']Thanks Buzz. So does that mean someone is doing it on purpose with site downage in mind? What would be the point?[/quote]

It means someone is doing it on purpose to take a site down that is hosted on that particular server. It doesn't mean they're targetting basschat as such, as the server will only physically be able to handle a fixed number of connections. Without having the details, you won't know if it's 100% directed at BC.

Also, DDOS can happen for a number of reasons:

1) It'll be a guitarist jealous of the attention the ERB's are getting recently
2) Some script kiddy randomly choosing this IP because they're bored
3) Someone with a bone to pick against BC/other site/hosting company.

The site wouldn't load for me a minute ago but I did not see the IPS error screen, just a blank screen as it tried to load. It looks like the problem might still be there. I will look into it further.

Cheers - any more reports please let me know!

ped

I got it at around 12.30 too. Where's the forum actually hosted? I was just wondering whether it might be being briefly locked when a backup was being run, and if it was hosted in some foreign place, that could be ridiculous o'clock when there could be expected to be few users on.