Why become a member? ×

Fender MIM Classic 70s Jazz

simon1964

NOW SOLD

I've decided to move on my Classic 70s Jazz reissue. The pickups had been replaced with Delano JMVC4FE/M2 pickups before I bought it. I've also since added a John East J retro. Excellent upgrades and it looks and sounds incredible. I'm only selling because I don't get on with Jazz necks (this is the fourth I've owned - I ought to have learnt by now!). I will also include a Gotoh 201 bridge which i was planning to fit, but which I haven't got round to doing yet!

These pics are from an earlier for sale thread before the J-retro was added (hope that's OK with the previous owner). My camera has died but will get some pics of the J retro asap!

Mint except for a small crack in the laquer above the bridge pickup, caused by my clumsiness when adjusting the pickup height. Its hardly noticeable but only fair that I mention it.

Looking for £475 plus postage (hopefully a fair price - the Delanos, J-retro, and Gotoh bridge would cost the best part of £400!).

I'm happy to consider trades with cash either way, so feel free to try me. I would be particularly interested in '51 reissue Precision, five stringers, pretty much anything with a P/J or P/MM configuration, or even a Telecaster thinline reissue (long shot, but if you don't ask...).

[attachment=63673:P1010166.jpg]
[attachment=63675:P1010158.jpg]
[attachment=63676:post_643...50_thumb.jpg]

Edited by simon1964

I had one of these, and they are great basses as standard, with an upgrade on the pickups it must sound amazing. The addition of the Gotoh bridge also adds a fair bit of depth to the sound, so this is a great bass for the money.

Someone is gonna be very happy with this one.

[quote name='malbass' post='1019925' date='Nov 11 2010, 12:24 PM']Hey, my old bass!! I was responsible for putting the Delano's in and can confirm that they vastly improved the sound over the stock pick ups, I bet it sounds even better with the J Retro.[/quote]

And your pictures which I pinched for this post - hope that's OK!

It does sound fantastic with the Delanos and the J Retro.

All PMs replied - some very tempting trade offers, but nothing final as yet!