Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Dean Rhapsody 12 string. SOLD!

Shockwave

Hey guys.

Up for sale or trade is a Mint Dean Rhapsody 12 string in Trans black.

Mahagony body with maple cap. Grover tuners. Not as heavy as i thought it would be! EMG pickups.

Great versatile EQ. Lots of variation between the pups.

Maple and Walnut sandwich neck.

There are no issues with the bass Its in near mint condition no case but it does come with a spare set of strings. (Yes all twelve of them)

Great clarity of sound and actually has a massive slap tone.

As for what i want in trade try me! Just tell me what you got!

Price is £270

Also bare in mind i havent got much in the way of transport so any trades will probably be done in Bristol and surrounding area.

Cheers. Rob.,

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Merton' post='115562' date='Jan 7 2008, 04:42 PM']How much did you pay and would you be willing to accept the same price? :)[/quote]

I havent received it yet! And i would be selling for a profit, otherwise theres not much point in me getting it. :huh:

I am after a Jap P bass sorta value. 290-310ish

My first New Year's Resolution:
[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='102486' date='Dec 10 2007, 11:32 PM']Only buy another bass if the money's come from selling something else[/quote]
Uh... so what trades are you definitely NOT interested in? 4, 5, 6, 7, 8-string? Semi-fretless? In any case, allow me to register my tentative interest in a very fine-looking instrument!

Edited by queenofthedepths

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='115686' date='Jan 7 2008, 06:58 PM']My first New Year's Resolution:

Uh... so what trades are you definitely NOT interested in? 4, 5, 6, 7, 8-string? Semi-fretless? In any case, allow me to register my tentative interest in a very fine-looking instrument![/quote]

Try me :)

I consider most things.

[quote name='Jono' post='115715' date='Jan 7 2008, 07:30 PM']Hi there,

Any chance you're interested in this and some cash?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7283"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7283[/url][/quote]

Nope sorry not my thing :)

Bump for a great bass.

I've got one in my arsenal (although tbh I neglect it dreadfully - it must be three months since I even took it out of its case) and seeing this ad has made me resolve to get a bit more use out of it.

Now... how DO I get that King's X tribute band off the ground...?

You have to flatten your fingertips a bit when you fret a note, to cover all three string courses. The play all three at once. The same as you would a normal 4 string, really, just more fiddly. Probably easier with a pick.

[quote name='Wil' post='118607' date='Jan 11 2008, 03:42 PM']Give me that bass and £500 and you can have my Jazz if you like :huh:[/quote]

See if this bass was a 4 string i reckon with the wood combination and the pickups the dean has it could outclass the jazz :)

However its a 12 so it's worth less as not alot of people would consider playing one!

EDIT, Then again they are two different animals.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Exile252' post='118635' date='Jan 11 2008, 04:10 PM']The only thing that making me think is, tuning and buying strings. Is it hard to detune and how much do the strings cost?
Oh btw, my Jazz should be worth like £300 lol :)[/quote]

Well true if thats the case the dean should be worth 400! I have seen many fender jazz V's go for under 250 on ebay. It's not hard to detune per say though yes it takes a while to tune properly.

Not sure about the strings. I havent this long though i have a complete spare set.

Eithr way thinking about it, i think i'll pass on the fender. But thanks for the offer!

Edited by Shockwave