Why become a member? ×

Eden Metro 210 Combo *** SOLD ***

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

[b]Eden Metro 210 combo & 210 *** SOLD ***[/b]

After 4 years of looking, I've finally managed to buy a Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600 head to use with my SWR Triad - a rig combination I've been wanting to try for ages..and fortunately, I really love the sound of it! But the irony is that for the first time in 5 years, I'm not in a band, so I'm going to have to wait a bit longer before I can try out this new rig of mine in anger!! Funny how the world works, isn't it?

So as a result, I'm offering up my [b]Eden Metro 210 combo[/b] for sale at [b]£475 o.n.o. + p&p[/b].

It's got just about everything a combo should have IMO; two channels, fabulous e.q., valve pre-amp stage on Channel 2, built in compressors on each channel, DI, Fx send/return for each channel, mute, footswitch etc, etc...Plus the well-known Eden 'enhance' control that's almost like an instant way to dial in your perfect sound! This one comes with the footswitch by the way.. Power rating is approx 300 watts at 8ohms (just the combo itself), about 450 watts with the additional 210 cab, and it will push out 600 watts if you run it at 2ohms, though I never have.. At most of my pub/small club gigs, the whole rig (as seen in the photo below) is way more than capable of holding it's own..more often than not, i'm asked to turn it down.. Oh, and it sounds great! :)

Here's the Eden website link to the [url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/combos/indiv/metro.asp"]newer model[/url]. And some reviews here:[url="http://www.bgra.net/2004/review.php?id=197&type=combo"]BGRA review[/url] / [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Eden/DC-210XLT+Metro+Combo/10/1"]Harmony Central review[/url].

I had this serviced in summer 09 just after I bought it from Crez, so it's in good working order, though it shows some exterior signs of the fact that it's 11 years old now. Here's a picture of it taken last August, but I can do some more if there's any interest.

[attachment=62842:RBV_Jazz..._rig_021.JPG]

By the way, I might be tempted to let the [b]210 cab[/b] in the picture go as well for an additional [b]£165[/b] if anyone wanted the whole rig for [b]£640[/b], which is quite a bit less than I paid for it.

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM...

Try-outs very welcome, as is collection.. Equally, I could ship it but it'd be expensive! Thanks for looking. :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Thanks guys for those positive comments! Much appreciated..

It is a reall great combo and with the 210 added to make it a 410 set-up, it's even better! Tonally, it does offer lots of possibilities though as has been well-documented, Eden gear doesn't usually give you an overdriven, valvey sound - even with the tube channel..

Money's tight everywhere, hence the price i've pitched it at, but as I've said already, if it doesn't go, then it will not be a problem.

OMFG.... you're joking, surely!? I was considering putting up a wanted ad on here, as I really, really wanted a metro!! I've just bought a TD650 though. Oh dear..
I don't suppose you'd fancy a trade for a TD650 at all?
Oh dear..
Think.. think... :) Very uncertain, I do love the TD though. :)
Bargain, absolute, 110% bargainous bargain price this too!!!

[quote name='Gary Williams' post='1022959' date='Nov 13 2010, 10:14 PM']Hi Nik - hope all is good with you mate!

If it's for sale, I might be interested in the seperate 2 x 10 Eden - is it the 210 XST?

Gary :0)[/quote]
Hi Gary

Not too bad; hope you're alright also!

It's the older 210 XT cab; not quite as efficeint as the XST as I understand it but still a very good 210 cab. Am only planning to sell it if the Metro sells as well..

Nik

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1170817' date='Mar 21 2011, 04:16 PM']Come on Chris! Clackett lane is calling... :)[/quote]

It's been too long for sure Nik. An incoming function band gig plus - and this is a huge relief - some rented storage space at the studio, means I now have both the justification and the space for some bigger kit. Re the Eden, AFAIC, if it's good enough for a man of your tastes and abilities, it's good enough for me. Couple of questions by PM.

Cheers

C

All PMS replied to again, so a Tuesday morning BUMP! :)

Just to say that the Metro does have some detachable castors that I fitted but the 210 cab doesn't have any. And, yes, the footswitch is included and that allows you to mute the sound for tuning and to switch quickly between the solid-state and valve channels.