Why become a member? ×

FENDER MIJ 57 REISSUE PRECISION.**WITHDRAWN**

tom1946

This is my 57 reissue in 2 tone sunburst.

MIJ 1957 re-issue with Hiscox Hard Case.

This bass really does have a big "wow" factor. The quality is typical Japanese and the finish superb. Everything about this bass is just great.

It just feels "right" in your hands and has a nice easy action and super rich warm tone.

The quality of the Japanese made Fenders is well documented and this one of course is the rare 1957 re-issue. Features an Alder body, maple neck (finished with a tinted vintage look lacquer) high quality vintage tuners, USA Vintage pick-ups and an anodised gold pickguard.

It's just a bit over 4 years old and the condition refects its careful ownership.

I want £695 for it, and before anyone says it's too dear or too cheap or there's one in poundstretcher for 200 quid, it's just priced!

Someone will get a stunning bass, it really is exceptional.

There is a very small amount of buckle rash but not significant.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by tom1946

My god Tom..... another one to get me drooling....

Makes me wish I had driven those amps to you, so I could have had a go on it.

Is it not a CIJ then, as opposed to an MIJ? Neck says 'Crafted in Japan' is all..... and I know some rate the CIJ's higher as they were non-export or something.

I don't really know what I'm on about though :)

Luurvvvvely!!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='tom1946' post='1073411' date='Dec 31 2010, 05:26 AM']Reduced to £625 delivered.[/quote]

Tom my good man. hope you are well. I have never liked liked sunburst, always thought they looked a bit old fashioned (its fine for you seeing yer old :) )

However this is simply lovely, the finsih on this thing is pristine and it just oozes class. God I wish I had something to trade or cash to buy this.

All the very best with the sale.

I dont think I have to tell anyone that Tom is an absolute gent and keeps his gear mint!!!! Oh wait a minute, I just did.

Steven! how are you? hope you had a nice christmas mate.

I used to think 2 tone sunburst was dull but as I matured into a man I realised that it's really a very cultured combination for those in the know

I'm trying to buy a bongo that's on here.

[quote name='tom1946' post='1073537' date='Dec 31 2010, 10:37 AM']Steven! how are you? hope you had a nice christmas mate.

I used to think 2 tone sunburst was dull but as I matured into a man I realised that it's really a very cultured combination for those in the know

I'm trying to buy a bongo that's on here.[/quote]

lovely choice mate. Mine is a monster and cant rate them high enough. But then again, you have already broken my heart over the jags,,,so I dont want to set myself up for another fall :)

I would buy it in a second mate but first I must sell my own Jazz and CB. But really, you don't see that kind of high quality bass with that kind of price tag every day. If I could, I would take it right away. Like I did with Nordy. :)