Why become a member? ×

My playing on new BBC Weather ad

Gareth Hughes

Hey folks -

This is a bit of self-patting-on-the-back so please just indulge me. A track I played on a few years ago, on the soundtrack to 'In America' by Jim Sheridan, has been used on the BBC's new weather ad. Nothing flash or fancy in the playing - just a nice tune with some lovely people. The band is The Friday/Seezer Ensemble - where I got to be a kid in a candy store working with Michael Blair - drummer on Tom Waits 'Rain Dogs','Franks Wild Years' and 'Big Time', Lou Reed's 'Magic And Loss', Suzanne Vega's 'Days Of Open Hand' amongst many others and also produced one of me favourite records 'Every Day I Wear A Greasy Black Feather In My Hat' by Moondog Jr. Needless to say I was a pestering fanatic coming into the studio everyday after I'd found another record in my collection that he'd played on.

Here's the clip: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7_PqXdugQE&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7_PqXdugQE...player_embedded[/url]

Edited by Gareth Hughes

Thanks folks. Bilbo - yeah, the Piazolla feel is great there. Maurice Seezer, the accordion player on this, loves that stuff inside and out. And both Friday and Seezer are huge Jacques Brel fans.

I have a pile of Piazolla and other tango charts if you want a copy of them. PM me an address and I'll get them copied soon. I'm playing 'Seussical' at the minute - so a sneaky copy of that is needed.

Edited by Gareth Hughes