Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Bacchus Venus 5

Machines

Howdy chaps, a feeler on this at the moment.

It's what I believe to be a 2002 Bacchus Venus 5 (hard to confirm year as their website is ever changing and in Japanese). This bass has been to the US, Ireland and now reached the peak of it's fame in Birmingham ! I think GAS might be to blame here and I feel I have a natural cycle where I have a bass for 6 months and want something else ! I could very well put some new strings on it and realise i'm being stupid.

It's in near perfect condition with only minor scuffing on the back (not visible unless looking into a reflected light from 6 inches away). I've seen new basses in shops look worse.

Swamp ash body (cream pearl binding), 2 band EQ (volume/mix/treble/bass), maple neck with rosewood fingerboard (white pearl binding). Definitely a crisp clear tone from this bass, it's not a classic warm sounding jazz - think more Marcus.

Looking for equivalent valued 5 string bass. Anyone got anything tasty ? :). I would value this at £800 if that helps with any trade offers.

[quote name='BigJim' post='1001406' date='Oct 26 2010, 05:22 PM']What's the weight on this beaut?[/quote]
Swamp ash so not too heavy, i'll take a guess at 10lbs but will see if the bathroom scales want to be more accurate tonight. It's lighter than my MIM Jazz I know that much.

[quote name='Machines' post='1001426' date='Oct 26 2010, 05:37 PM']Yes it did, traded with him about 6 months ago and he only lives round the corner :).[/quote]

Yup. Awesome bass. We had a discussion not long back about how much he missed it as well given the quality. Top bloke it Jazz and knows his basses. Bump for an awesome bit of kit!