Why become a member? ×

Reserved

nonkel26

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='1007620' date='Oct 31 2010, 05:59 PM']This seems like a great amp. 2 power sections, huge output and only 1u! Suprised there haven't been any comments on it! Out of my price range but very interestiong nonetheless![/quote]

Probably no comments because most of us who know what it is are sitting sighing saying "shame about the price!". :)

I know it's not an option that a great deal of bass players use, but I'd really like to see manufacturers who put two power amp modules in to a product to make available a true stereo option AS WELL as the dual mono and bridged options. I can't think of a single 'D Class' bass head that does this.

I have to admit that I've never heard of Hevos before but it looks really intriguing :)

I love the idea of being able to have one volume output controlling a main speaker & a second powering a monitor cab. I often have to stand further away from my cab than I'd like and always have to share a monitor with my keys player (to be fair he rarely wants any of his keys coming through this monitor).

Does the twin power amp set up also mean you could run one at 4 ohms & the other at 8?

[quote name='funkydario' post='1016769' date='Nov 8 2010, 07:15 PM']I do..TECAMP BONAFIDE does this at 2,2 kg !![/quote]

Woh!! I had no idea! That's very cool! - I'm a fan of Thomas's products, right back to Tech Soundsystems days. I like the idea of having two amps in one box - defintely true stereo!

[quote name='molan' post='1021734' date='Nov 12 2010, 07:44 PM']I have to admit that I've never heard of Hevos before but it looks really intriguing :)

I love the idea of being able to have one volume output controlling a main speaker & a second powering a monitor cab. I often have to stand further away from my cab than I'd like and always have to share a monitor with my keys player (to be fair he rarely wants any of his keys coming through this monitor).

Does the twin power amp set up also mean you could run one at 4 ohms & the other at 8?[/quote]

When you run in "stereo" The left channel as well as the right channel have a minimum load of 2 Ohm.
When you use the "bridged" channel the minimum load is 4 Ohm.
So it its perfectly possible to run a 4Ohm cab through the left Channel and a 8 Ohm cab through the right channel.
If you want to run them in the bridged mode they both have to be 8 Ohm to use them together

Dirk

Slightly off topic but I was hunting for a review of this amp and found one in dutch which Google happily offered to translate for me. I loved this part of the translation:
[i]
"its small size the first thing you notice about this amp. Only four and a half feet tall he is"[/i]