Why become a member? ×

FS: Stingray 30th Anni WITHDRAWN

martthebass

i totally agree with you about it being the best Stingray ever - the mahogany body gives it added growl.

i sold mine for exactly the same reason: fantastic bass, very well made, sounds fantastic but I don't want to take it to my local to gig with it.

Fine if you are playing big stages or doing a lot of studio work well out of the sweaty reach of the anebriated and unpredictable

[quote name='Delberthot' post='991227' date='Oct 17 2010, 03:55 PM']i totally agree with you about it being the best Stingray ever - the mahogany body gives it added growl.

i sold mine for exactly the same reason: fantastic bass, very well made, sounds fantastic but I don't want to take it to my local to gig with it.

Fine if you are playing big stages or doing a lot of studio work well out of the sweaty reach of the anebriated and unpredictable[/quote]

So you understand my pain!!!

Doing a lot of Jamnights and rough pubs at the mo. I've just got a cheap Jazz for the real toilets but find that my Status is getting far too much use for everything else and could do with a similar quality backup/alternative.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='991106' date='Oct 17 2010, 02:02 PM']One of the times you put this up I will give in! Would you trade for another EBMM plus the cash your way obviously?[/quote]

Pete, you know enough about Rays to know that it would be pointless to trade it for a standard EB :)

I'd use it live, i'd only collect the really old stuff and use anything new till I got my £1200 worth out of it. They'll make a bass out of stainless steel or something one day and it'll make all our basses redundant a worthless like the old Hofners - You've all seen the Gibson robot!!

[quote name='tividalebass' post='993534' date='Oct 19 2010, 02:04 PM']Could I interest you with a spector euro 4lx

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=101820&st=0&p=983708&#entry983708"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry983708[/url][/quote]

Sorry T, I've done the 'Warwick' thing in the past (no insult intended) and find that, other than my beloved Status (which is more of a comfort thing) I'm pretty trad and like my MM/Fender shapes and sounds.

Cheers, all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1006254' date='Oct 30 2010, 01:19 PM']BUMP for a stunning bass at a [i]GREAT[/i] price.
Wish I'd waited a few years before buying mine from new![/quote]

Cheers Jon, I gather the rrp on these was hitting towards £1800 when new - not the cheapest Ray on the block.

Gig at a rough pup tonight so the Epiphone EB0 gets the 'honours' while this stays snug and safe in it's HSC.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1006520' date='Oct 30 2010, 06:20 PM']Cheers Jon, I gather the rrp on these was hitting towards £1800 when new - not the cheapest Ray on the block...[/quote]

Mine cost £1,600 to put some perspective on this deal!

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='1006728' date='Oct 30 2010, 09:42 PM']Are you still *not* looking for a cash sale? Just asking cos I have nothing to swap and this looks lovely. ...and damnit I just saw you're in SY.[/quote]

No this is now a cash sale only.......hard cash will do just fine

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1007211' date='Oct 31 2010, 12:04 PM']I have asked the wife and she says NO! which I have informed her in a few years time I will be pointing out what a good deal this is and will explaining in how many handbags she should of said yes.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Tell her ..Theres nothing worse than not having something to dance round! :lol:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1007211' date='Oct 31 2010, 12:04 PM']I have asked the wife and she says NO! which I have informed her in a few years time I will be pointing out what a good deal this is and will explaining in how many handbags she should of said yes.[/quote]

Hmmmm....I'm still plucking up the courage to ask mine......I feel that sadly the result will be a similar story to yours. :lol: :)

Seriously, will someone please hurry up and buy this before i go crazy, then buy that classic ray as well and post a statement about how they are both NEVER going to be for sale again!!!

Many thanks..