Why become a member? ×

Modulus Fleabass - get me giddy

Nell-E

Hey there fellow basschatters,

I'm going to be receiving a Modulus Fleabass next week in silver sparkle. Bartolini pick up, Aguilar pre-amp. I've never played on or seen one in the 'flesh' before but being a huge Flea fan, I've craved for one for eons and heard great things about them so I've took a punt on buying a used one.

My anticipation is growing with an intensity I've never known! So, can any of you Modulus FB owners or those who have owned/ played on one fuel my excitement further by telling me what I'll be getting for my £900 :)

I'm currently using a GK 1001 head and two 4x10 Warwick cabs with my funk/rock band but I'm looking to get a set of GK Neos to replace the Warwicks.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='982623' date='Oct 9 2010, 03:35 PM']Very nice basses to play and quite a nice aggressive sound too. Definitely a "studio" bass though, unless you play in a disco or cabaret band![/quote]

Ha ha. I assume you're referring to the finish there. I've heard that human glitter- balls are all the rage. :)

Edited by Nell-E

Sounds like Christmas is coming early! :) I've noticed that a lot of people have their FBs fitted with a Badass II bridge. Would anyone recommend this modification? I like the look of them but aside from better sustain, what benefits does the bridge offer?

I am not sure that a badass II bridge would make that much difference to be totally honest .. it doesn't specify that they are an added extra on the Modulus or SMART website, so maybe there is no need/benefit.

honestly, you are getting a bass guitar that offers a superb well balance sound that smacks you and on-listeners in the nuts! just thumb that E string when it's plugged into your GK rig and you'll make peoples eyes and ears bleed. I only have a Genz Benz 6 with a 300W Hartke cab, so I am not going to get the level of sound you are! I would love to hear it through your set up to be honest :)

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='985292' date='Oct 12 2010, 08:24 AM']I am not sure that a badass II bridge would make that much difference to be totally honest .. it doesn't specify that they are an added extra on the Modulus or SMART website, so maybe there is no need/benefit.

honestly, you are getting a bass guitar that offers a superb well balance sound that smacks you and on-listeners in the nuts! just thumb that E string when it's plugged into your GK rig and you'll make peoples eyes and ears bleed. I only have a Genz Benz 6 with a 300W Hartke cab, so I am not going to get the level of sound you are! I would love to hear it through your set up to be honest :)[/quote]

Ha,ha. I wondered if you'd spot this thread man. I'm sure I won't need to make any modifications if what everyone has told me rings true. I'm just curious and impatient. By the way, last night I told Billy Sheehan that I was picking up a Modulus and he didn't return too much enthusiasm. Maybe if I'd have told him I was getting a Yamaha and stringing it with Rotosounds, things would've been different :lol: Top bloke though.

Edited by Nell-E

[quote name='Nell-E' post='986123' date='Oct 12 2010, 07:44 PM']Ha,ha. I wondered if you'd spot this thread man. I'm sure I won't need to make any modifications if what everyone has told me rings true. I'm just curious and impatient. By the way, last night I told Billy Sheehan that I was picking up a Modulus and he didn't return too much enthusiasm. Maybe if I'd have told him I was getting a Yamaha and stringing it with Rotosounds, things would've been different :) Top bloke though.[/quote]

haha! I would have expected that response from Billy! ignore him, he plays a Yamaha P bass !!