Why become a member? ×

New Matamp Cab - Special Bassday Only Price

tayste_2000

Was keeping this a secret till I got the go ahead but Matamp will be doing a limited edition run of 25 6x10 cabs

Specs
6 x 400w Neodinium Speakers
So a total power handling of 2400w
8ohm or 2 ohms (your choice on ordering)
Birch Marine Ply Construction
Infinate Baffle
Speakon Connectors
Black Pebble Finish
Metal Grills

I will have this cab with me at Bassday if you want to try it but they are available on the day (and before the day) [b]£475[/b] yes that's right [b]£475[/b].

Why is it so cheap I hear you ask, because it is, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, this cab sounds amazing.

I will have weight and pictures by Saturday.

These cabs have a 2 week build time, if you want one you can pay cash on the day or pay a £100 deposit and pay the rest when it's complete, I don't have a portable card machine so it's all cash I'm afraid.

Because this a deal and they can keep the cost down due to it being a "stock item" there can be no customisation other than the impedance request of either 8ohms or 2 ohms.

So if anyone is interested hit me up and I'll get your names on the list.

pretty tempted by this actually, what colour do they come in and what speakers are in it? Think i may have to get this for drive side of the rig.

edit ; totally blind are you sure jeff can't do a few in non black?

also are these cabs sealed?

Edited by umph

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='979765' date='Oct 6 2010, 07:07 PM']Sealed, infinate baffle and black only, that's how they keep the cost down standard box. I mean this is cheaper than 2nd hand production 6x10's and you know it's going to be awesome.

Very similar to my 8x10 but less size and weight but still all the tone.[/quote]
ahh fairy snuff, i'll see if i can afford one so i can get my DOOM on.

Do you know what speakers are in it?

[quote name='umph' post='979781' date='Oct 6 2010, 07:15 PM']ahh fairy snuff, i'll see if i can afford one so i can get my DOOM on.

Do you know what speakers are in it?[/quote]

I don't, I think they are custom hence the fact that they are actually 8ohm for the cab not 6.7ohms called 8ohms

But really the proof is in the fact it sound freakin sweet :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='979794' date='Oct 6 2010, 07:28 PM']I don't, I think they are custom hence the fact that they are actually 8ohm for the cab not 6.7ohms called 8ohms

But really the proof is in the fact it sound freakin sweet :)[/quote]

Would really like to know what speakers they went for, matamp make great boxes but they aren't exactly that up there when it comes to speaker design.

[quote name='3below' post='979738' date='Oct 6 2010, 06:43 PM']What are the dimensions - thanks[/quote]

Inches

w: 24 1/4, h: 36 1/4, d: 16

mm

w: 620, h: 920, d: 405

Weight is 55kg (avg)

It will have a polished stainless steel grill and its dampened inside with acoustic wadding.

The speakers are specially made 12ohm drivers that look very similar to Electro Voice speakers but they have the same T Numbers as Celestion so likely made in the same factory in China.

I will have one of the speakers at Bassday to show it outside of the cab, as well as one of these 6x10's to show off.

Please note after Bassday there will be a price increase so if you are debating getting one you have 3 days to make your mind up.

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='980458' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:43 PM']Inches

w: 34 1/4, h: 36 1/4, d: 16

mm

w: 620, h: 920, d: 405

Weight is 55kg (avg)

It will have a polished stainless steel grill and its dampened inside with acoustic wadding.

The speakers are specially made 12ohm drivers that look very similar to Electro Voice speakers but they have the same T Numbers as Celestion so likely made in the same factory in China.

I will have one of the speakers at Bassday to show it outside of the cab, as well as one of these 6x10's to show off.

Please note after Bassday there will be a price increase so if you are debating getting one you have 3 days to make your mind up.[/quote]
I hope you don't mind me pointing it out like :) but I think your w: "34 1/4" should read *24 1/4"*

Anyway it's too big for me! Sweet though :lol: Bargain or what!

[quote name='KiOgon' post='980523' date='Oct 7 2010, 01:47 PM']I hope you don't mind me pointing it out like :) but I think your w: "34 1/4" should read *24 1/4"*

Anyway it's too big for me! Sweet though :lol: Bargain or what![/quote]

Well done Sir you are correct

6 x 10 is never really going to be all that small though is it :)

Edited by tayste_2000