Why become a member? ×

Whats it worth?

FuNkShUi

Im not sure where the right place to post this is, so if it is in the wrong area, i apoligise :)
Anywhos......I have a 75Ri Fender jazz. MiA. Case is original (G&G) but there are no 'extras' (not sure if the chrome covers were included with this early model, but they're not there now).Bass is in exceptional condition for year ('99) and plays really great.
I was looking to see how much people thought these are worth now as im looking to get a 5 string. Its quite rare in the 3Ts/burst, and was previously owned by Eubassix. Still in exactly the same condition as i had it off him, its been well looked after! I have got pictures of it, but dont know how to put them up on here (such a luddite) :lol:. i can however email them if needed. Thanks in advance for any help i may get!
Kert

£5...ill take it...but seriously there £1400 + now..never seen this color combo on a 75 RI....you have a very desirable bass, especially in TTS...its not easy to say but i would put it up for £1000 and see where it goes..this may seem steep but its a rare color and people will pay...

its a buyers market, but when you got a bass like that, the balance tips somewhat... to be honest im fed up with seeing people having to sell basses so cheap....

any pics?

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='979606' date='Oct 6 2010, 04:58 PM']£5...ill take it...but seriously there £1400 + now..never seen this color combo on a 75 RI....you have a very desirable bass, especially in TTS...its not easy to say but i would put it up for £1000 and see where it goes..this may seem steep but its a rare color and people will pay...

its a buyers market, but when you got a bass like that, the balance tips somewhat... to be honest im fed up with seeing people having to sell basses so cheap....

any pics?[/quote]

Yeh,i have a load of pictures, but they are in an email. Like i said, ive no idea how to get them up on here sorry. Can forward the email if youd like a peek though :) pm me an address if your keen.
Thanks for the advice too, much appreciated!

[quote name='Doctor J' post='980447' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:34 PM']How much was the item you traded?[/quote]

I cant honestly remember. About £1k mark. Ive swapped a lot of basses, so cant remember for definite, which one i swapped for this. But after time value changes doesnt it? Depending on how sought after they are? Thats kind of what im trying to gauge

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='980474' date='Oct 7 2010, 12:59 PM']If its second hand, £1400 is too steep - I would just buy a custom shop one and look past yours. Despite being a lovely bass, I don't like the natural ones.[/quote]

Lol, cheers for giving people an alternative, when im only looking for an estimate of how much its worth!

[quote name='FuNkShUi' post='980479' date='Oct 7 2010, 01:02 PM']Lol, cheers for giving people an alternative, when im only looking for an estimate of how much its worth![/quote]

End of the day mate its your bass and you can sell it for what you like regardless - on here its going to be well researched before purchase, you'd be a moron to fork out £1400 on a whim or you'd have to have a soft spot for it. It says the bass was sold in July this year, so there won't be a great change anyway. You don't want an opinion, don't ask for it.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='980500' date='Oct 7 2010, 01:24 PM']End of the day mate its your bass and you can sell it for what you like regardless - on here its going to be well researched before purchase, you'd be a moron to fork out £1400 on a whim or you'd have to have a soft spot for it. It says the bass was sold in July this year, so there won't be a great change anyway. You don't want an opinion, don't ask for it.[/quote]

I asked an opinion on how much people thought it was worth in the current market. It wasnt me who mentioned £1400.
I just didnt see why you needed to say whoever pays £1400 for this is a moron, and that you didnt like the colour. Understandable? Certainly didnt intend to cause any trouble. Sorry if it seems that way.
Im well aware people will research it, and this is the whole reason im asking.
If i did sell, id want it to be a fair price.