Why become a member? ×

Headstock Shapes

Dave Vader

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='973153' date='Sep 30 2010, 08:24 PM']Of course you could end the debate [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Licensed-headless-bass-guitar-bridge-B47-/130436531745?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e5e9f8621"]here[/url] :)[/quote]

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='973153' date='Sep 30 2010, 08:24 PM']Of course you could end the debate [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Licensed-headless-bass-guitar-bridge-B47-/130436531745?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1e5e9f8621"]here[/url] :)[/quote]

I tried one of them headless things once, spent the whole gig 4 frets higher than I should have been, damn peripheral vision, imagining heads....

I hacked it last night, it is 3+1, looks more like a spade than a stingray. I also discovered that my 5/8" drill bit, is the wrong size for an 18mm ferrule. Cue hours with files, sandpaper, stanley knife clamps and manual fun with smaller drill bits to get the hole to work.
Swear? Me? f**k yeah, loads....
Wish I'd used the 19mm and wrapped some veneer round the ferrule now, would have been a lot quicker...

Will get pics next week, off to Oxford for the weekend straight after work tonight.

[quote name='Shaggy' post='971841' date='Sep 29 2010, 04:43 PM']Probably the smallest 2+2 headstock I know of (which it's going to have to be) and one of the most attractive is the early Goodfellow shape. You should be able to use the current E & A tuner holes, but with smaller tuners (eg; Schaller M4)[/quote]
....remarkably similar to Veillette Citron....