Why become a member? ×

SOLD***Fender '54' Precision Pink Paisley***SOLD

thehillscorporation

THIS BASS IS NOW SOLD!

V.Good condition, well gigged/loved really don't want to sell, but due to messy separation I've got to thin out my basses.

Comes with SKB hardshell case, currently strung with Fender flats.

BEST sounding DI'd bass I've ever heard!! Beautiful under stage lighting!!

£500 firm. Sorry, no trades or offers.

John.

[attachment=60054:IM006609.JPG][attachment=60055:IM006613.JPG]
[attachment=60056:IM006615.JPG][attachment=60053:IM006606.JPG]

Edited by thehillscorporation

Sorry, should have added that the scratchplate (clear perspex) is now re-attached to the bass. I only removed it 'cos I thought it was ugly! It didn't come with ashtrays, I did intend fitting some but never got round to it.

CIJ "Crafted in Japan", and very well at that!

Age, I believe it was made in 2003, I've owned it since 2004

Thanks for your interest,

John.

Edited by thehillscorporation

i bought one of these the other week as a replacement for my old precision, i really like it very well made and the intonation is fine i heard alot of people say is hard to achieve with these type of bridges and its a nice sound i was toying with buying a seymour duncan antiquity II for it but theres no saying it will be any better as it sounds pretty good
good luck with the sale!

[quote name='stu_g' post='971049' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:27 PM']i bought one of these the other week as a replacement for my old precision, i really like it very well made and the intonation is fine i heard alot of people say is hard to achieve with these type of bridges and its a nice sound i was toying with buying a seymour duncan antiquity II for it but theres no saying it will be any better as it sounds pretty good
good luck with the sale![/quote]

Just sold on the Antiquity I bought for my 51 RI P as I didn't find it was an improvement. Having put the stock pickup back, I'm wondering what I thought the problem was. Shielding the control cavity helps a lot.

The one problem with the 51 is the slab body, I'd love to have the 54 contour. Not sure I'm man enough for a pink bass though. :)

Hey Snap! great guitar -the bridge is ok for intonation ish - not much length on it so not great - swapped mine for a fender deluxe - straight swap and fits greats. Also have a seymour duncan 1/4 pounder in mine which really makes the bass fly - and swapped the reverse tuners as well as they got on my wick! :)