Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Post your vintage valve amps here

Happy Jack

*** EDIT EDIT EDIT ***

Having got the photo I wanted (that wonderfully beaten-up AC30), I've been asked to change the topic to see if we can attract some more photos of weird & wonderful valve amps from bygone times (as he wipes away a tear of nostalgia).

ORIGINAL TOPIC STARTER:

Seems that most things can be found here on Basschat if you ask.

:)

I need a photograph of a combo. It needs to be recognisably a classic British amp, preferably (but not esentially) a WEM, but above all it needs to be something you might find in a junkyard.

The aim is to place a photo of a mangy mongrel in front of it, as a parody of the HMV logo.

What can you offer me?

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='Musky' post='967133' date='Sep 24 2010, 08:46 PM']Vox AC30? [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ednawelthorpe/2599657457/in/photostream/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ednawelthorpe...in/photostream/[/url][/quote]

This would be absolutely PERFECT ... but it's "All Rights Reserved" so I can't save it to my hard disk. :)

[quote name='umph' post='967164' date='Sep 24 2010, 09:16 PM']take your pick!

hope these are useful, i think i have a few more pictures on my camara if you need anymore[/quote]

Thanks Umph, good selection but (like all your kit) none of it really illustrates the idea of a junkyard.

If you have anything like that trashed AC30 in the photo that Musky linked to, that would be ideal.

Now the thread title has been changed this is my main set up; it's a 1978 Fender Bassman head. The cab is only 1994 but is in worse condition :)

This is just a camera phone pic of my onstage set up from last weekends gig

edited as I thought the photo being included might help!?!

Edited by BurritoBass

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='968343' date='Sep 26 2010, 01:39 PM']I'm in valve heaven with this Denis Cornell all tube head.

[/quote]

Thats awesome, great to see some rare stuff,....... on that note here's ''some run of the mill'' .
[attachment=59789:IMG00855...413_1230.jpg]
[attachment=59790:IMG00932...614_1457.jpg]
[attachment=59791:IMG00800...331_1641.jpg]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='968538' date='Sep 26 2010, 04:48 PM']My Dad is a hoarder. Here is but a corner of his spare room...

...yes, that is an AC30. With blue speakers.

[/quote]

ooo nice collection beats mine! think they'll work out as a good pension fund soon.