Why become a member? ×

Has anyone heard this song i did?

EdwardHimself

That is seriously good.

Obviously needs vocals to complete it (I just hope they're not cookie monster style - but that's my personal dislike of that style :)).

Edit: EH, did you do all instruments ? Ignore that question, I see from the bandcamp site that you did. Really great job !

Edited by purpleblob

there must be a whole load of things you can do to treat your voice tho - reverb's always a good start - a la Thom Yorke - brings vocals to life - The Strokes put a lot of their early vocals through a guitar amp to get that distorted sound - so maybe think of that, don't be put off by the 'natural' sound of your voice if you don't like it as such...

[quote name='Jigster' post='953487' date='Sep 12 2010, 12:41 PM']there must be a whole load of things you can do to treat your voice tho - reverb's always a good start - a la Thom Yorke - brings vocals to life - The Strokes put a lot of their early vocals through a guitar amp to get that distorted sound - so maybe think of that, don't be put off by the 'natural' sound of your voice if you don't like it as such...[/quote]

It's nothing to do with the effects. More to do with it actually being in tune or not... I mean i can sing in tune but it's just not quite as "perfect" as i'd like it to be.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Beedster' post='954485' date='Sep 13 2010, 10:51 AM']Very good stuff indeed EH. Only thing I don't like is the clicky rhythm guitar in the quieter sections, which seem a little ad odds with the rest of the track. I guess however that the vocals might bring them in, if you get my drift. Nice work though

C[/quote]

I like my clean guitar sound to have a bit of attack if you know what I mean? There weren't any planned vocals for those sections but I feel like I should add something to it since everyone is expecting them now :) thanks for the comments so far guys.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for all the comments guys. Really means a lot for me.

[quote name='paul h' post='1005352' date='Oct 29 2010, 02:42 PM']Back of the net!

Great work. I wish I could get my stuff to sound a quarter as good as that. No, an eighth. Or a sixteenth.

Nice one.[/quote]

Thanks. It's not really the sort of thing you can just do overnight unless you've got a whole host of expensive software which unfortunately I don't have. It was weeks of meticulous editing to sort out all the little timing errors and other little mistakes that made it sound unprofessional. Yeah it's not "natural" or "organic" at any rate, but I wasn't going for that sort of sound and imo, the results speak for themselves :) . That's not to say I completely clinicalised it though. I did leave a bit of a margin of error for the timing (not massive though) and plus I left stuff like the bit before the second verse with the guitar in as well to make it a bit more sonically interesting.

I'm writing lyrics to this song. They might not be to everyones taste just to warn you though and it probably won't be until christmas break that I'll actually be able to get it all recorded and that.

Edited by EdwardHimself