Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Im looking for good 5 string bass

Aleks210

[quote name='Aleks210' post='945816' date='Sep 5 2010, 02:23 AM']Hi im playing 4 string bass guitar for about an year now and im thinking about getting 5 string one can someone help me and btw price does matter. thanks :)?[/quote]ok whats your budget..in my experience and lakland 55-01 is the best bass you can get for maybe £400 second hand..this is an active option.....or maybe a yammy, or ibanez...depending on your taste...also a yamaha trb5 is a superb instrument..

why do you want to go to a 5 string..just out of interest?

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Aleks210' post='945824' date='Sep 5 2010, 03:39 AM']Thanx for info and my budget is only about 300 pound so yea and i want to play 5 string bass because im intrested in playing some korn covers and curently im playing on Ibanez EDB500 awsome bass :)[/quote]IMHO i suggest an ibanez of sorts...do you want the tone of Fieldy by any chance?. SR300 or an SR500 second hand...or maybe buy a P bass and have some proper umph..

To be honest with u i do want to get sound like Fieldy but also i want 'umph' :lol: as u said hah and i love ibanez basses :) and i just wonna ask what sort of style r u playing im just intrested?? :o Thank u very much for a link i will tthink about it thanx :rolleyes:

Edited by Aleks210

Schecter makes really nice 5-ers that will fit neatly in your frugal budget. Some of the higher end ones sell at the 300 pound level slightly used.

And they also make ones brand new at or near 300 pounds.

Try looking at: The Schecter Stiletto Extreme : [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Stiletto-Extreme-5-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-/250598478340?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a58d55204#ht_2316wt_797"]http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Stiletto-Extr...4#ht_2316wt_797[/url]

Or

The Schecter Omen Extreme: [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Omen-Extreme-5-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-/330414820469?pt=Guitar&hash=item4cee420c75#ht_2086wt_797"]http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-Omen-Extreme-...5#ht_2086wt_797[/url]

Both are the same with the exception of body shape and the neck profile.

You will love these for certain.

I was in exactly the same position a few weeks ago and have just acquired a Peavey Cirrus BXP 5 for £220 - virtually brand new - and very much enjoy playing it. I was also quite taken with an Ibanez I tried at the same time, but for me it was the feel of the B string that sold it to me.

As ever try before buying anything :)

[quote name='Aleks210' post='945838' date='Sep 5 2010, 04:29 AM']To be honest with u i do want to get sound like Fieldy but also i want 'umph' :lol: as u said hah and i love ibanez basses :) and i just wonna ask what sort of style r u playing im just intrested?? :o Thank u very much for a link i will tthink about it thanx :rolleyes:[/quote]

Right, don't get a K5 then. I had one and it didn't really have any bottom end at all. If you want the Oomph then go for a Traben 5 string. Some real power in them basses. The John Moyer Havoc has the loudest most punchiest output on a bass I have ever played (and I've played a few!). I defy any bass out there to outdo it in the output and sheer hugeness of sound stakes.