Didn't think this day would ever come, but here it is.
For sale is my Warwick Streamer stage 1 that was made in 1987.
I bought it on this forum about 7 years ago, and it's been my number 1 gigging bass since then.
Probably played close to 300 gigs with it.
For it's age, (over 30 years old!! ) its in really good condition.
Price drop because there is a bass i want. If it sells, it'll go back to starting price. £1400
But there are a couple of bad bits......
* There is some player wear above the pickup, where my thumb rests, and i guess where the previous owners thumb rested.
*The pickups are original, and have worn back where the strings have hit them over time.
*There is also a tiny bit of damage to the back which i've tried to photograph.
But there is no neck crack. Which is a common theme on these basses. And the rest of it is in cracking nick. I've really looked after it.
The good bits.....
* It has a low , low action, and one of the smallest, thinnest profiled necks you'll ever play.
If you like to play a bass that has a bit of a chunkier neck, this is not the bass for you.
* It comes in at 40mm at the nut, 53mm at the 12th and 60mm at the 24th fret.
* The bass is light at 3.8kg on my digital scales. 3812g if you want precision.
* Cherry body and 5 piece Cherry and Wenge through neck
* Original EMG pickups and Gold Hardwear
* The 4 controls are Vol, Bal, Bass and Treble. With those control options, and that pickup, you have a lot of tonal options under your fingertips. Which is one of the reasons i loved this bass. I never fiddled with the amp. I play in a wedding band and could go from dub reggae, to motown, to rock no problem. The Swiss army knife of basses!!
Here are some pictures. Ive tried to include as many as possible. Any more you want let me know. Apologise that they are poor quality, i only have my phone to take the photos with.
Its hard to get a good impression of the bass through photos, and for this reason i really would prefer the potential buyer to come and try it out.
I live in South Wales. You are welcome to bring your entire amp and speaker set up, or you can use mine.
I will post, but it will be up to the buyer to arrange courier, and it will be at their own risk. I will do everything i can to package it up safely, but i wont take responsibility for what happens after it has left my hands!!
Only trade i might potentially be interested in is a 2 band Stingray, preferably an older one.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks for looking
Edit to add the strings on it are old, because that's how i like them. So a new buyer might want to get a new set, if you like a bit of zing in your low end . OOOoooOoOoOhh