Why become a member? ×

8-string bass sitting at £peanuts ends Saturday am

Bassclef

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='930987' date='Aug 20 2010, 02:56 PM']Is it an optical illusion or some dodgy camera angle but does the G string run out as it goes up the neck? It looks very close to the edge of the fingerboard as it goes up the dusty end![/quote]

Dusty?! My poor baby - she's offended! You know, I gave it a wipe over with one of these yellow dusters before taking photographs, I guess a couple of fibres have come off the cloth and spoil the third photo. The photos were taken outside on a VERY sunny day, I'll know better next time.

Here's that mysterious G-string

[attachment=57094:14.jpg]

[attachment=57095:15.jpg]

[quote name='Bassassin' post='931147' date='Aug 20 2010, 05:19 PM']Just curious - why put it on Ebay with its 15% fees rather than sell it here?[/quote]

Well, I like eBay, Jon. Sad, I know but I use it a lot and am guaranteed a sale on a convenient day. Their fees are not that high surely?

PM'd you about something else.

[quote name='Bassclef' post='931349' date='Aug 20 2010, 08:32 PM']Dusty?! My poor baby - she's offended! You know, I gave it a wipe over with one of these yellow dusters before taking photographs, I guess a couple of fibres have come off the cloth and spoil the third photo. The photos were taken outside on a VERY sunny day, I'll know better next time.

Here's that mysterious G-string

[attachment=57094:14.jpg]

[attachment=57095:15.jpg][/quote]

Looks fine from those angles must have been a trick of the camera angle on ebay pics. :)

btw eBay + paypal fees amount to about 8-10% of the final sale price!

[size=3][font="Arial"]Well, it went for peanuts, £181.
My BIN was £300.
A sign of the recession? A poor description? Poor photos? Should have included a reserve price?
Or maybe I'm just deluded as to its value!

Thanks to everyone who watched or looked at this thread.[/font][/size]

[quote name='Bassclef' post='931359' date='Aug 20 2010, 08:37 PM']Well, I like eBay, Jon. Sad, I know but I use it a lot and am guaranteed a sale on a convenient day. Their fees are not that high surely?

PM'd you about something else.[/quote]
The last thing I sold on Ebay went for £95 - the total fees & charges on that amounted to £14.40 s0 it's an approximation but a fairly close one! For the record that was 99p, no reserve meaning no insertion fee, & 90p for a "picture pack" of 6 hi-res (well, 800x800! :rolleyes: ) images - everything else was final value & PayPal fees.

As far as being guaranteed a sale, I know what you mean, but recently I've had 3 non-payers - plus the item above was paid for but the next day the guy messaged me asking for his money back because he'd decided he couldn't afford it! Tough really because I'd already posted it, but basically there's no comeback for buyers who act like arseholes - so that's exactly what they do.

I prefer to sell decent stuff on here but I do still sell a few things on Ebay that I wouldn't inflict on BC, usually guitars.

Replied to your PM :)

J.