Why become a member? ×

SOLD *Radical Price Drop* 1975 Rickenbacker 4001

thegreenman555

SOLD

[u][b]1975 Rickenbacker 4001 * Vintage USA Bass Guitar
[/b][/u]

Up for sale is my stunning 1975 Rickenbacker 4001 Bass in a Burgundy Red finish on a maple body with vintage white binding. I christened her 'The Mighty Red'..
It’s a really cool bass, with that classic Ricci sound – and has great investment potential too... Its in excellent condition, and comes with its original Rickenbacker case.

I started this off at £1895 (& in a fair market its worth every penny, IMHO) and its now on the Bay for £1595, but to one of you guys, i'll take [b]**£1495**[/b] and at this price for a quick sale as I'm hoping for a LOT of interest in this, and I'm definitely looking to sell in the next couple of days, so if you have any questions, please let me know quickly on 07753 821525 or by email - I'm sure it's going to find a new home very soon !! **If you want to make me an offer on the price... try me...**

[b]Details:
[/b]Gorgeous 1975 Rickenbacker 4001 USA bass guitar in rare & desirable Burgundy Red. The build quality & look are top class, and, naturally, the sound is classic Rickenbacker, ringing sustain, treble punch & solid underlying bass, great variation possible via the pickup/tone controls - I bought this bass direct from another local collector/player back in May to celebrate my 50th year, but now need the cash for a business project.
The Burgundy Red finish on maple body in particularly stunning with maple "through neck" & rosewood fretboard.

The values of vintage instruments like this one have risen strongly over the past year or so, well ahead of inflation, and with low bank savings rates, demand is likely to continue to rise.

[b]
Condition [/b]:- Excellent - the bass shows some marks from general usage, as shown in the photos, but they just add "character" really - the tuners show some tarnish, but they operate smoothly & with precision - the switch tip missing in the photos has been replaced with a genuine Ric part. The colour & the overall look is well represented in the photos. More are available if you want to see them – just email me.

Any other "marks" in the photos are just wood grain or camera reflections, but if in doubt please ask. I think the bass looks just fabulous.

All the controls & electrics work perfectly, and there are no issues - the bass is also very clean, it's very straightforward & it's been well cared for, pretty much just stored away in recent years.

The bass sounds fabulous, a wide range of vintage tones, rich & powerful, and plays very smoothly - the neck is straight, with a comfortable feel - the bass is nicely set up & ready to play - the frets & rosewood fretboard are excellent & the overall look is particularly striking - the bass is well-balanced, and is a good weight at about 8.8 lbs / 4.0 kg.

Case :- the original vintage fitted hardshell case is included, as shown - some marks, but all the catches & hinges work fine, and generally Excellent Condition, inside & out.

If you're looking for a collectable 1970's Rickenbacker 4001 for playing, display or investment, and at a sensible price, this could be the one for you. The colour, condition & immense sound make this particular bass a very special & desirable instrument.

Personal collection is welcome (the bass is currently in Arundel, West Sussex), or Courier delivery (it will be well packed & fully insured!!) :- UK £30.00 "next day" or Europe £50.00 "3 to 5 days".

Edited by thegreenman555

[b]£1695[/b] for this? I must be mad.. In a good market it'd be worth well over 2 grand..

she's an absolute beaut - been well taken care of, sounds fantastic & looks, well... the Bees Knees...

& if you dont like 1695 try me with a sensible offer - I'd really like this to go to someone who appreciates it, will love & care for it & get the best out of her sound wise.

C'mon - I know you're out there! Schnozz?!

Lovely bass - however I just want to point out that the case isn't a Rickenbacker one. This is a 70s Japanese case, might be for a Rick copy because it's a pretty good fit, but I'm not 100% certain.

Genuine vintage Rick cases are rectangular with a form-fitted interior like the one you can see here:

[url="http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/55U-4142.htm"]http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/55U-4142.htm[/url]

I'm pretty certain Rickenbacker have never sold a case like yours.

Jon.

[quote name='thegreenman555' post='928305' date='Aug 18 2010, 06:47 AM'][b]£1695[/b] for this? I must be mad.. In a good market it'd be worth well over 2 grand..

she's an absolute beaut - been well taken care of, sounds fantastic & looks, well... the Bees Knees...

& if you dont like 1695 try me with a sensible offer - I'd really like this to go to someone who appreciates it, will love & care for it & get the best out of her sound wise.

C'mon - I know you're out there! Schnozz?![/quote]

Hahaha! Marc, how did you know!? I've only got trade stuff at the moment unfortunately, the 4001's in cracking condition. Just makes me think of playing Rush's Red Barchetta :wub:

[quote name='thegreenman555' post='930476' date='Aug 20 2010, 12:25 AM']I am not David - ask the scnozz.

As to case - it was sold to me as a genuine Ric case...[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Well its Not ! David!...and what are you doing on here?... Selling the Precious Things of the Shop?...Edward! :rolleyes:
BUMP!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='930708' date='Aug 20 2010, 11:01 AM']MB1. :)
...Well its Not ! David!...and what are you doing on here?... Selling the Precious Things of the Shop?...Edward! :rolleyes:
BUMP![/quote]
Once & for all, I'm Marc - not David, from whom I bought this piece of loveliness. But tragically due to mightily changed circumstances it's now available for one of you lovely people to buy.. So come on, what am I bid?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='thegreenman555' post='955835' date='Sep 14 2010, 11:03 AM']still here - & I'm willing to take a sensible offer at this price to part with it to one of you guys..

she needs someone who will love here & treat her right..

is that YOU?!![/quote]
I would totally abuse the bugger but I will give you a grand for the privaledge,you may well feel this to be a low offer but I feel it to be realistic based on my recent purchases.
And BA is spot on with the case issue..

Yes I know you feel this an insult but you are welcome to tell me to shove it,I would but then Im not selling :)