Why become a member? ×

New prictice setup

ped

I have been draggin' my arse a bit recently when it comes to bass playing. Having just moved house and all sorts of other things I had not taken the time to set up a proper bass practice area in my house. Well today I finally did something about it!

It's quite simple, just how I like it. An old Behringer mixer taking a signal from my Roland V-bass and my iPod (or can also be nearby CD player or laptop). The Vbass signal is in stereo so I can play stereo synths and take advantage of the subtle stereo reverbs and so forth. I also feel it 'wraps' around the songs better enabling me to hear myself alongside the recorded track.

Sound goes out to my preferred Sure IEMs and bob's yer uncle.

Stuck it all on a weird half sized ironing board on a chair.

Cheers
ped

Oh so THAT'S what is is!!!

Well I can't think of a better use for it!! Just been jamming these last few hours, how I have missed playing the bass. To be honest I haven't touched it for a few weeks at least, and I haven't bought a piece of gear for the last year or so. I don't have GAS any more for bas stuff so I can concentrate on my playing now!!

ped

[quote name='barneyg42' post='926149' date='Aug 16 2010, 09:07 AM']Just off out to check the local skips for an ironing board to put my Pandora on :)
Nice set up btw, my GAS is growing![/quote]

Doesn't need to be an ironing board, you could use the fingerboard of any bass with more than 6 strings! :lol: :rolleyes:

Edited by Fat Rich

Haha, I would have to wrestle such an object from his steely like predator grip and cover myself in mud so he can't see me with his infra red vision. If he sees me I'm going to have to dodge that shoulder cannon and find my way out of the rainforest before he blows us both to hell, so might be easier to go to a skip and find some wood instead. No harm in asking, though (if you can decipher the gurgles and clicks he communicates in)

ped