Why become a member? ×

Hi from new db girl in Winchester

theboakster

Hey everyone,

I'm Sarah, live near Winchester and I've been playing jazz double bass kind of on and off for about 3 years. I was a jazz vocalist but decided I needed to learn something about music :) and actually play an instrument.

I'm terrible at practising, though I know what I need to work on I can never summon up enough enthusiasm to get working on it. I joined this forum to give me a bit of a kick up the proverbial to get me motivated to practice. I can work through a chart pretty much ok, but I struggle with speed and walking basslines. I'm good at ballads and 2 in a bar!! Need to get away from being stuck in half and first position too!!!

[quote name='theboakster' post='924407' date='Aug 13 2010, 09:30 PM']jwbassman - I grew up in Southport! Small world![/quote]

Indeed it is - where abouts?

[quote name='theboakster' post='924407' date='Aug 13 2010, 09:30 PM']sell your sofa, they're worth it!![/quote]

Currently trying to sell the house! - if that happens you never know I might have room for one!

[quote name='theboakster' post='924441' date='Aug 13 2010, 10:14 PM']jwbassman - used to live about ten mins from KGV college, (mis)spent my youth in Palm Court/Manhattens/Floral Hall. Where you based? Good luck with house move![/quote]

I went to KGV - albeit a while ago... currently live in Churchtown.

Was never really one for going out in town though, I've heard it can get pretty rough of a Friday and Saturday nights these days so tend to stay well away.

Thanks, got a viewing tomorrow so let's hope they like it, it's a good house that just doesn't meet our requirements anymore...