Why become a member? ×

Dogs and bass gear :)

JMT3781

Yes i really am that bored as to post this...

Heres my 14 year old stubborn, mischievous, Smelly, Greedy Blonde Retriever looking pretty annoyed i plonked my rig right where she likes to snooze...

Shes always been pretty keen on sleeping next to a running Bass rig (even before she was deaf!) anyone else have a sub loving pooch?

Alas!!

My Old Three Legged Mate, Scooby, is no longer with us!

Not actually mine, (but he thought he was) I looked after him for the last 3 years of his life. Not a nasty molecule in his body - sweetest dog I ever knew.

Bass didn't phase him - he'd either curl up just in front of the cab, or turn, growl & bugger off in the opposite direction (after giving me a lick!)

I also have to report the recent demise of a border/alsatian (3/1) cross called Murphy from near Ballybunion in Eire, which we used to dog-sit.

he was not a nice dog - he'd bite as soon as look at you, but that was what he was there for.

Murphy was a genius dog - he not only had a vocabulary of over 1000 words (average 200) but he understood a fair bit of grammar too. Not yer average dug.

He exibited no puppy behaviour whatsoever and rarely wagged his tail. He once licked my face after I gave him my breakfast cereal bowl to lick, but warned me never to tell anyone. He was a vegetarian.

Badly missed - both of 'em.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='JMT3781' post='924330' date='Aug 13 2010, 08:16 PM']Yes i really am that bored as to post this...

Heres my 14 year old stubborn, mischievous, Smelly, Greedy Blonde Retriever looking pretty annoyed i plonked my rig right where she likes to snooze...

Shes always been pretty keen on sleeping next to a running Bass rig (even before she was deaf!) anyone else have a sub loving pooch?[/quote]

Is that a Barkbass rig?

I have an Alsatian called Ted who loves bass! :rolleyes:

He's quite an unsettled dog generally, always wondering about, never lies still for long. But he's been to a few gigs and has amazed me by lying down either in front of the bass drum or the bass amp and chilling. For the entire set...

Don't have a picture at the moment though.. :)

Try some deep vibrations with them, work on mine!

I'd always wanted to have a dog that would join us on stage ever since seeing LouDog chilling up there with Sublime in one of their videos. But Ted is quite a nervous/jumpy dog and i would never have thought he'd like even being in the same room so always kept him away at rehersals and stuff. Then we were doing this gig in a youth hostel/centre on our coastline and were camping in the field that night so i brought the dog along. He was with us when we were setting up and stuff but i was gonna put him in the van when we played. As people arrived Ted was quite happy wondering around and no-one seemed to mind the dog being there so i left him out. When we started playing i expected him to go find a quiet corner or something but he walked up to the stage and lay down against the front of my bass amp (which was pretty loud), and was there for the rest of the gig, except for a few moments where he went and lay by the bass drum. I was a very proud daddy! :wub: