Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Agro Pedal

bigevilman

For last six weeks, ive been listening to the demos for the new Aguilar Agro distortion stompbox with proper envy....a distortion pedal that seems to sound amazing whatever setting! The only downside at the moment is that I've hardly found any reviews, and I fink I've only found 2 UK retailers selling it!

Was wondering if anyone from the BC community has one, and what their thoughts on the pedal were before i took the plunge!

[quote name='bigevilman' post='923320' date='Aug 12 2010, 10:54 PM']For last six weeks, ive been listening to the demos for the new Aguilar Agro distortion stompbox with proper envy....a distortion pedal that seems to sound amazing whatever setting! The only downside at the moment is that I've hardly found any reviews, and I fink I've only found 2 UK retailers selling it!

Was wondering if anyone from the BC community has one, and what their thoughts on the pedal were before i took the plunge![/quote]
no experience of this particular pedal.
but - my aguilar octamizer is a beast of a pedal, so i have a feeling that they don't bring out stuff that isn't versatile.
i will also be keen to see what they do with distortion !....
my only criticism is the 'buried' connections. - makes it hard work on a pedalboard !

I was waiting on one of these also but ended up getting an EBS Valve Drive as I needed to get something sooner rather than later. Still waiting to hear what the consensus is but the clips do sound good on the website.

Now when do you think their Precision style pick up will be coming out?

I am using the Aguilar Agro preamp for a while now and I can tell it is a great sounding overdrive/fuzz. you just can dial in how much fuzz you want, from mild tubeness to hard overdriven.

I have no experience with the stompbox version, but I haven't heard any complaints about it.
Check this thread [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618237&highlight=aguilar+agro&page=4"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...agro&page=4[/url]
with a lot of opinions about it :)