Why become a member? ×

Lakland DJ4 Natural Finish - SOLD

Floyd Pepper

Hi,

Once again, I've decided to move on any bass that isn't being used for gigs at the moment and therefore, I have my two Lakland basses up for sale.

[b]Natural DJ4[/b]

Originally purchased from the Bass Emporium in the US (prior to this version being in the UK), this is the Natural wood version of the DJ4.
It's the same slim neck and slightly smaller body Jazz as all other DJ4's although for some reason, Lakland never put the Daryll Jones signature on the headstock! The only thing I can find on it is a very, very small mark on the headstock (check photos). There is the option to purchase the Lakland hardcase that I bought with it.

[attachment=56368:DSC_6560.JPG][attachment=56369:DSC_6561.JPG][attachment=56372:DSC_6562.JPG]

Price for the bass is SOLD plus delivery or I'm based near J13 M25. Optional hard case would be £50.00 - Sale now pending

[b]Duck Dunn Precision Bass[/b] - [b]SOLD[/b]

I only recently purchased this from BC but as beautiful as it is, it's not for me.
Candy Apple Red Precision Bass with matching headstock in excellent condition and currently strung with flats. It will also come with a Lakland soft gigbag.

[attachment=56374:DSC_6565.JPG][attachment=56375:DSC_6566.JPG][attachment=56376:DSC_6567.JPG]

Price for the Duck Dunn is £SOLD plus delivery.

Any questions, just drop me a pm.
Cheers,
Jim

Edited by Floyd Pepper

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' post='922557' date='Aug 12 2010, 11:54 AM']although for some reason, Lakland never put the Daryll Jones signature on the headstock! The only thing I can find on it is a very, very small mark on the headstock (check photos).[/quote]

Isn't that because these were a limited run in this finish and configuration of natural body with black blocks, no binding on the neck - which is unofficially the Adam Clayton model?

Is this a Korean or Indonesian made one.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='922611' date='Aug 12 2010, 12:34 PM']Isn't that because these were a limited run in this finish and configuration of natural body with black blocks, no binding on the neck - which is unofficially the Adam Clayton model?

Is this a Korean or Indonesian made one.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Yes, it is unofficially known as the 'Adam Clayton model' or sometimes the 'AC'.

Just checked the headtsock and it states that it was crafted in Indonesia.

Cheers,
Jim

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' post='923062' date='Aug 12 2010, 06:57 PM']Duck Dunn now on hold pending a sale[/quote]

Hello Jim.
In the unlikely event of this going belly up, could I ask to have 2nd pop at the Duck Dunn please?
Similarly, if the new owner doesn't get on with it, could you ask them to let me know?

Bump for the Jazz.
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' post='925320' date='Aug 15 2010, 06:20 AM']Hello Jim.
In the unlikely event of this going belly up, could I ask to have 2nd pop at the Duck Dunn please?
Similarly, if the new owner doesn't get on with it, could you ask them to let me know?

Bump for the Jazz.
Cheers,
Karl.[/quote]

Hi Karl,

pm sent with an update.
Cheers,
Jim

[quote name='BB2000' post='925715' date='Aug 15 2010, 05:38 PM']Wow, that DD didn't take long to shift. Out of interest, does the DJ4 have the same neck profile as the DD (skinny back to front)?[/quote]

Hi John,
Neck dimensions are very similar between the two - Very slim. Although there is a big difference in weight with the DJ4 coming in at approx. 8.5lbs compared to the heavier DD.
Cheers,
Jim