Why become a member? ×

John Shuker Custom Jazz 4 in trans blue - Now Sold

molan

Next instalment in the 1-a-day clear-out :)

Here's a really nice John Shuker that was built to Mike's specifications a couple of years ago.

His for sale thread is full of useful detail & great pics so rather than reproduce them all here I thought I'd just supply the link:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63490&hl=shuker"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...0&hl=shuker[/url]

Just a great all round bass & a perfect gigging machine because it's so light and has all that on-board tonal flexibility. The LEDS, with the two position brightness control, are brilliant on a darkened stage as well :rolleyes:

Here's a couple of new pics just to whet your appetite:

Edited by molan

[quote name='Mike' post='919194' date='Aug 9 2010, 12:48 AM']Great seller, great bass. It is nice and light, I used to have some back problems (caused by my Vauxhall Vectra unbelievably) so Jon chose a nice piece of light white ash (I think) for me.[/quote]
I've played it and it is a wonderful bass, I have 2 of Jon Shuker's basses with 2 more on the way, a great sounding high quality piece of kit and well worth a punt.

This is going to be popping in to see John this week for a quick once over. It drained a battery very quickly, might have been a dodgy battery but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Still up for sale but won't be able to dispatch until John has checked to make sure he's 100% happy :)

[quote name='molan' post='920144' date='Aug 9 2010, 10:23 PM']This is going to be popping in to see John this week for a quick once over. It drained a battery very quickly, might have been a dodgy battery but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Still up for sale but won't be able to dispatch until John has checked to make sure he's 100% happy :)[/quote]
Are you going or couriering Barry? if going could you take a couple of snaps of my builds for me? I'm curious to see what my planks of wood look like!

[quote name='giblett123' post='920263' date='Aug 10 2010, 06:52 AM']Are you going or couriering Barry? if going could you take a couple of snaps of my builds for me? I'm curious to see what my planks of wood look like![/quote]

I'm not going in person but I know a man who is so I can ask if he'll take some pics for you :)

Zap me a PM & I'll see what we can do.

Just a quick note about the battery I mentioned above.

It's the LED circuit, which has an independent battery, that seemed to be draining power quickly not the main pre-amp power.

John is going to take a look and, if there is a problem will sort it before the bass is sold.

He was unable to make today but it should be cleared very soon :)

Id love to buy this, but ive just recently brought a blue bass! Ive owned some shuker basses and can safely say the build quality is awesome

buy with confidence, Barrie is very thorough and accurate with his descriptions and is a gentleman of the highest order.

[quote name='4 candles' post='924335' date='Aug 13 2010, 08:20 PM']Id love to buy this, but ive just recently brought a blue bass! Ive owned some shuker basses and can safely say the build quality is awesome

buy with confidence, Barrie is very thorough and accurate with his descriptions and is a gentleman of the highest order.[/quote]

Thanks Mark :)

One thing a couple of people have asked me about is the weight of this. It comes in at bang on 9lbs (maybe a fraction under but not much).

I can honestly say that it 'feels' lighter on the strap - I have no idea how but it seems to balance so well that I would have guessed it to be a good half pound lighter!

Had a couple of interesting trade offers on this but nothing confirmed yet - happy to consider trades though.

Especially for something that might be easy to sell like a US Fender or MusicMan or a Lakland Skyline etc. :)

Here's another pic from Mike's original thread :

Edited by molan

• 2 weeks later...