Why become a member? ×

rock \M/

nomis

hey!

im looking to buy a new bass, my only reason is im being greedy!

at the moment i have a music man stingray 3 EQ its fantastic and i totally dont want rid of it

im looking for something to play rock kinda stuff, i play a lot of hillsong music so that gives you an idea what kind of tone im going for

i use a fender 8x10 profesional series and an ampeg SVT450

help!

[quote name='therose789' post='912796' date='Aug 2 2010, 02:00 PM']im looking for something to play rock kinda stuff, i play a lot of hillsong music so that gives you an idea what kind of tone im going for[/quote]

I'll be honest.... It doesn't give me any idea what you're going for. :)

Check out everything and pick which one feels and sounds the best to you.Don't discount an instrument because it's inexpensive either,you may be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Doddy

[quote name='therose789' post='912796' date='Aug 2 2010, 02:00 PM']hey!

im looking to buy a new bass, my only reason is im being greedy!

at the moment i have a music man stingray 3 EQ its fantastic and i totally dont want rid of it

im looking for something to play rock kinda stuff, i play a lot of hillsong music so that gives you an idea what kind of tone im going for

i use a fender 8x10 profesional series and an ampeg SVT450

help![/quote]

The stingray sounds great for rock, just crank the amp a bit more :ph34r:
Otherwise a precision is always a good place to start.

[quote name='waltsdog' post='912847' date='Aug 2 2010, 02:37 PM']The stingray sounds great for rock, just crank the amp a bit more :ph34r:
Otherwise a precision is always a good place to start.[/quote]
+1 to the Precision.

[quote name='therose789' post='912796' date='Aug 2 2010, 02:00 PM']im looking for something to play rock kinda stuff, i play a lot of [b]hillsong[/b] music so that gives you an idea what kind of tone im going for[/quote]

Is that like Alpine yodelling?!? :) :rolleyes: :lol:

there is nothing wrong at all with the stingray its amazing! i totally love it, i just want a second bass really, i have a rickenbacker, its a hand me down its great but tonally not what im after so im just keeping it as a bit of a collectors item! but ideally i want a second bass to have as a spare.

been looking at jazz basses, i love the look of the jeddy lee sig also have been looking at a grabber but would like to see what my options are before i go out looking everywhere for something that i dont want!

I have a grabber. It's got a seriously good rock tone. Kinda like a p but with more bite, it's disgusting with a sansamp. It doesn't take kindly to changes in temperature though. The jazz is a staple for me. I'd get an M/CIJ and get some hot pickups in it, wizard 84s or Hammers or simular. The geddy is nice but as a previous owner it's impractical. The neck is too slim for it's own good. There's a nice CIJ in the for sale section courtesy of OldGit. The colour isn't for me but the neck is to die for in terms of speed, comfort and craftsmanship. I'd definatly recommend one.

Grabbers aren't really too metally. It has a loud pickup and while it is a bit of a one trick pony it's a very impressive trick that it knows. The sliding pickup doesn't really change the tone too much. I generally leave mine right up to the neck. Grabbers rock. They don't do much else though. Also the neck dive is a right pain in the ass until you get used to it.