Why become a member? ×

Pre-Ernie Ball Musicman Sabre

Nickytwister

Back for sale, last price - £1395, no offers or trades thanks.
Nov '79 body, Jan '80 neck, tobacco sunburst with a rare rosewood board.
It's all Chic on the back pick-up, kinda Gibson EB2ish on the front.
The two combined give a slightly sweeter version of a Stingray's tone.
Control knobs are (front to back) Volume, Treble, Bass.
Mini switches are (front to back) 3-way pick-up selector, phase switch and treble boost.
It's got a few knocks and dinks as you'd expect, a new set of bridge mutes (I've still got the original melted ones!) and Schaller strap studs.
Collection only, sorry - it's got no case.
I'm based in London, SE9
Any questions please get in touch.
Cheers for looking!
Nick

Edited by Nickytwister

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='908187' date='Jul 28 2010, 01:42 PM']It's with regret I'm selling this; it's the bass I always wanted to have!
Nov '79 body, Jan '80 neck, tobacco sunburst with a rare rosewood board.
It's all Chic on the back pick-up, kinda Gibson EB2ish on the front.
The two combined give a slightly sweeter version of a Stingray's tone.
Control knobs are (front to back) Volume, Treble, Bass.
Mini switches are (front to back) 3-way pick-up selector, phase switch and treble boost.
It's got a few knocks and dinks as you'd expect, a new set of bridge mutes (I've still got the original melted ones!) and Schaller strap studs.
It's strung with Ernie Ball flats, 45-100.
It doesn't have a case; I don't want to send it but I'm prepared to meet up/deliver depending on area.
I'm based in London, SE9.
I'm looking for around £1495, no trades please but I might well haggle!
Any questions please get in touch.
Cheers for looking!
Nick[/quote]

Bad timing, otherwise I would be on my way east right now. Best of luck with the sale mate. Hope all is well.

Mike

Ooh that is a thing of beauty and has my GAS going into overdrive. House move last week prevents savings splurge :) Hope all is good with you, it's been a while, have a bump on me.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='908361' date='Jul 28 2010, 04:13 PM']dude, are you sure you wanna sell this?[/quote]

Man, I've got so much going on.........worst of all is an extension on my house which started yesterday!
I really don't want to sell but I don't have much choice.
I've got two lovely 70s Fenders at The Gallery too, and the Fretless 5 on this same forum.
Still buying Lottery tickets though!

[quote name='porterpr' post='908598' date='Jul 28 2010, 08:07 PM']Hi do you visit the north with your job or family, I would buy this bass, thanks Steve.[/quote]

Steve,
Nothing trips on the cards at the mo mate.
However if it were a firm sale I would organise a courier and send it to you for £15; I'd have it really well packed and insured.
I wouldn't sent it to be viewed though, sorry - it'd have to be sold in advance.
I hope this helps.
Nick

• 2 weeks later...

That's a wondrously filthy thing you have there sir, If only someone would buy my TRB (shameless plug) i'd be all over it. Saw Mark 'seagull' Harrison at the weekend, he told me Lovetrain 5 a side would have Carwash 5 a side for breakfast...challenge?

Best of luck with the sales, Dan

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='922743' date='Aug 12 2010, 02:00 PM']Bump[/quote]

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='908187' date='Jul 28 2010, 01:42 PM']Nov '79 body, Jan '80 neck, tobacco sunburst with a rare rosewood board.[/quote]

i'd never noticed before - your neck and body dates are the same as my sabre's...they could be brothers !

Those dates are really nice; that's about the time Bernard & Nile were recording Diana Ross' 'Diana' album; Upside Down, I'm Coming Out, My Old Piano etc.
A great time period for funky bass!
Things are starting to ease up a little; I've sold a Stingray5 fretless and a '78 Jazz; when the '78 P goes I might well hang onto this.
I'm keeping my '69 & '75 Jazzes, my '73 P and my Stingray5. Still a pile of basses but I do use all of those for specific things!
N

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='968275' date='Sep 26 2010, 11:05 AM']Peep, I'll go to £1395 - to trades or offers, sorry.
Collection only.[/quote]

Hi
I'm really interessed in your Sabre. No time waste..............
Can you send it to Portugal? Do you have original case? How can you receive money? Do you have an account?
Please e-mail me at [email protected]

thank you. regards