Why become a member? ×

Richard Bona...

Ou7shined

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='100588' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:37 PM']... if that's yo thang on Joolz Holand right now on Dave. :)[/quote]

Yeah... I saw it too. Absolutely fantastic!

Dave is a fantastic channel. Top Gear, IQ, Have I Got News For You, Whose Line Is It Anyway... the list of great programmes is endless. I'm watching it right not.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='100637' date='Dec 7 2007, 01:46 AM']Yeah... I saw it too. Absolutely fantastic!

Dave is a fantastic channel. Top Gear, [b][color="#FF0000"]IQ[/color][/b], Have I Got News For You, Whose Line Is It Anyway... the list of great programmes is endless. I'm watching it right not.[/quote]

QI
or not :)

Edited by john_the_bass

The recorded version of Dina Lam is on the album Munia: The Tale, theres a bit more instrumentation going on and he plays the main part on Piccolo rather then his Fodera, but it's still an awesome song.

If you don't know his material, don't go buying his albums thinking its all solo bass stuff, it's mostly song based with only a few instances where he really steps out, perfect!!! An amazing musician and songwriter not just bassist.

His live shows are bit more 'explosive' bass wise, i highly recommend them!! :)

Si

[quote name='Mike' post='100914' date='Dec 7 2007, 02:26 PM']Just saw him with Mike Stern in NYC[/quote]You lucky $££@$*&£%$&... my favourite non-bass musician in the whole world. I've been to a whole truckload of Mikey's gigs, love chatting to him afterwards, he's so laid back and down to earth. My guitarist mate once asked him about his rig, so Mikey gave him a guided tour of it, referring to it all as a "load of cheap sh*t"..!
Just missed his latest London gigs... with Anthony Jackson on bass... dammit :)

+1 for Dave, great channel :huh:

I'm really into Stern at the moment as I am getting into my guitar playing and I am looking at a book of his transcriptions - He is an astonishingly sophisticated player despite his reputation as a closet rocker.

Nice to hear he is so approachable. Kudos to him.

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gQLJdW2eDTo"]Here's[/url] a different version (with very good quality audio :)) and it doesn't have Bobby Mcferrin being all enigmatic over it. I like how he includes putting the capo on and making sure it's all in tune as part of the performance.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='101089' date='Dec 7 2007, 07:35 PM']Anyone know if it is possible to get the Live version on Jools Holland from somewhere. I've just bought Munia. Great album... much more diverse than I expected it would be. But I really prefered the version of Dina Lam on Jools.[/quote]
The Jools Holland that's on tonight was last on on the 8-9 of Nov (I only know coz I recorded the Zero7 bits) so you never know the Richard Bona one might be back on again shortly. :)