Why become a member? ×

EA iamp 800 with 2x10 and 1x12 cabs

Hey guys

So I've got an EAiamp800 with the matched 2x10 and 1x12 cabs. This has been my rig for a little over 2 years now and it's been fantastic throughout. The head is in great condition. I've got a 4u swanflight case with it in and the EA gigbag as well. The cabs could only be described as "Road tested"- They've been on tour with me alot and have picked up all the bumps, scratches and tears along the way... They are still in perfect working order and all the damage is superficial. I've never let anyone use them with any head other than the iamp800, and I've not pushed them hard or hammered them with high volumes. I'll get photos up as soon as possible so that you can see the scratches etc on the cabs - they're not totally destroyd though!!!

I'm looking to upgrade to a nice meaty ampeg rig or something. I'm thinking 8x10 or 4x10 and 1x15. Doesn't have to be a valve head but it would be nice! =)

Anyways this is a great lightweight rig as I'm sure you all know, and this would be a perfect opportunity for someone with a lovely backbreaking rig to up/down grade (depending on your point of view) to a real high end lightweight rig.

If anyone really wants this rig and doesn't have something to trade it for, make me a cash offer and I'll think about it, as that would obviously enable me to get the rig I'm looking for on here anyways!

Cheers
Al

If it's a CXL112 you have they sound great with tube amps I use to run my Mesa 400+ with 2 and it trashed every 8x10 until I got a Matamp one.

I have the most rock and roll tube power amp up for sale in a Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 if you are interested, but I was hoping for a straight sale.

I'd be interested in what you'd take for it in a straight sale - especially the amp as I'm kind of hankering after some barefaced cabs at the mo... oh unless you wnat to Px with a Peavey Firebass Stack hmm thought not :)

[quote name='bob_pickard' post='902078' date='Jul 22 2010, 04:24 PM']I'd be interested in what you'd take for it in a straight sale - especially the amp as I'm kind of hankering after some barefaced cabs at the mo... oh unless you wnat to Px with a Peavey Firebass Stack hmm thought not :)[/quote]

Not really thought much about what I'd like to get for it - enough to get a kick ass rocking rig I think :rolleyes:
I've just been sent a message from a guy who wants to swap my cabs for a 2x15 barefaced cab... so maybe if you'd be willing to take the whole lot off my hands for cash you'd be able to get your ideal rig all i one go!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='901956' date='Jul 22 2010, 02:30 PM']If it's a CXL112 you have they sound great with tube amps I use to run my Mesa 400+ with 2 and it trashed every 8x10 until I got a Matamp one.

I have the most rock and roll tube power amp up for sale in a Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 if you are interested, but I was hoping for a straight sale.[/quote]

How much were you looking for for the amp, and can you link me to the thread please? :)

[quote name='alansanderson' post='902762' date='Jul 23 2010, 06:47 AM']How much were you looking for for the amp, and can you link me to the thread please? :)[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=91986"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=91986[/url]

Open to offers on the price, cheers

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='alansanderson' post='913576' date='Aug 3 2010, 10:11 AM']Will post photos asap, touring Europe atm and dont have another gig where I§m using mine until the 13th August...
Greetingy from Prague where the computer kezboards are all a little bit +ěřž§ů´ˇ :)[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79780"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79780[/url]

there ya go.

Im based in Chesham, Bucks

[quote name='alansanderson' post='913576' date='Aug 3 2010, 10:11 AM']Greetingy from Prague where the computer kezboards are all a little bit +ěřž§ů´ˇ :)[/quote]

Where are you playing in Prague?
My son lives there, i'll send him along. :rolleyes:

[quote name='alansanderson' post='913576' date='Aug 3 2010, 10:11 AM']Will post photos asap, touring Europe atm and dont have another gig where I§m using mine until the 13th August...
Greetingy from Prague where the computer kezboards are all a little bit +ěřž§ů´ˇ :)[/quote]
Hey Al!

Hope the tour's going well - you still playing that lovely Fender Jazz 5?

Seems like you have a lot of possibilities on the 'more rock n roll' rig front to consider; that's what Buddhists call [i]the mire of options[/i]... Good luck with it! :rolleyes:

Nik

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='overwater#1' post='922227' date='Aug 12 2010, 01:14 AM']Hey Al,

Moving to Manch soon mate, starting on the 18th!

Gotta Trace AH400SMX, and 4x10 cab? Who knows, its worth asking. I fancy the Iamp!! Fancy them?[/quote]

hey man, if you're in Manchester I'm definitely up for getting together and having a try out, who knows!
I'll be around from the 26th or the 27th
Cheers
Al

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='913668' date='Aug 3 2010, 10:11 AM']Hey Al!

Hope the tour's going well - you still playing that lovely Fender Jazz 5?

Seems like you have a lot of possibilities on the 'more rock n roll' rig front to consider; that's what Buddhists call [i]the mire of options[/i]... Good luck with it! :)

Nik[/quote]

Hey Nik, alls good thanks hope youre well

Sure am playing the fender, all over Europe! Never gonna let that ting go... theres some pics and stuff on my bands website www.weareshoshin.com and a vid on the front page of www.youtube.com/weareshoshin

Yeah there sure are a lot of options, what I really need is for something to shine through, like, um, I dunno, a [b][/b]Dave Eden Metro with extension cab[b][/b] or something ha ha!

[quote name='alansanderson' post='924943' date='Aug 14 2010, 03:23 PM']Hey Nik, alls good thanks hope youre well

Sure am playing the fender, all over Europe! Never gonna let that ting go... theres some pics and stuff on my bands website www.weareshoshin.com and a vid on the front page of www.youtube.com/weareshoshin

Yeah there sure are a lot of options, what I really need is for something to shine through, like, um, I dunno, a [b][/b]Dave Eden Metro with extension cab[b][/b] or something ha ha![/quote]
Hi Al,

I'm okay thanks.. Great video clips and pictures - you look like you're reaching a l lot of people with the music!! Bass is looking good too... :)

I thought you'd been down the Eden Metro route before?? Having said that, I do know of one that might be available soon if you're looking for one. I would have thought that a Mesa Walkabout combo might be good for what you're doing with all the guerilla gigs.. Anyway, email me when you're on a day off. if you want any more info.

In the meantime, good luck with the gigs and everything else!

Nik