Why become a member? ×

Thinking of going wireless.

PauBass

Does anyone know how i'd find out what mine is? I have a sennheiser g2 ew100, I bought it new a few years back. I want to sell it because it's been used for about 2 hours in all that time but am i going to have trouble selling it now? sennheiser website seems to be very confusing with the info given. Sorry to thread high jack.

What travels faster? Sound or a digital/analogue signal from a transmitter to a receiver?
I was only wondering because some wireless users complain that after they stand 50ft away, there are latency issues. Surely, this is just because at that distance it takes time for the sound from your cab/PA to reach you. Like, a noticeable gap between you doing something, and then hearing it. Not necessarily a latency issue is it? More a sort of... physics issue i guess!

Truckstop

[quote name='RichardH' post='913461' date='Aug 3 2010, 07:56 AM']Take a look at the [url="http://www.stageclix.com/"]StageClix system[/url] then.

Not cheap, though.[/quote]

I use one of these - replaced my AKG unit last year. It's brilliant. No messing about with batteries, super long charge time, no latency issues, very robust and fits on the pedal board.

It's really nicely made, try one.

[quote name='Sean' post='923862' date='Aug 13 2010, 01:43 PM']I use one of these - replaced my AKG unit last year. It's brilliant. No messing about with batteries, super long charge time, no latency issues, very robust and fits on the pedal board.

It's really nicely made, try one.[/quote]

These look great. I remember seeing them just before they came out.
Shame about the cost though.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='923869' date='Aug 13 2010, 02:46 PM']These look great. I remember seeing them just before they came out.
Shame about the cost though.[/quote]

For anyone else about to look, the RRP is €429, and the website states that they are only for "passive basses and guitars". They aren't doing themselves any great favours there!

Indeed, I tried one with an active bass and it was cack. Lots of tweety bleepy noises. That'd be great if I only ever wanted to use passive basses, but alas...

The X2 was far cheaper, had a good reputation and worked with everything perfectly, so I bought that. The receiver stopped working last night though and I'm not sure why :) So I might be off to buy a Relay.

[quote name='RichardH' post='913461' date='Aug 3 2010, 07:56 AM']Take a look at the [url="http://www.stageclix.com/"]StageClix system[/url] then.

Not cheap, though.[/quote]
Do you jump up and down a lot? The guitar gadget can pop right out if you do. I've seen it happen!

I bought a new Line6 G30 at the weekend. The sound quality is great however the green led's on the receiver that show the signal quality and battery status are much less bright than those on the transmitter, making them very difficult to see. The guitarist in my band has a G30 but without this problem. I tested another G30 today at the retailer which had the same issue and then a G50 that didn't.

I'm now awaiting a replacement unit from the retailer but wondered if anyone else has come across this issue?

[quote name='Truckstop' post='921095' date='Aug 10 2010, 10:54 PM']What travels faster? Sound or a digital/analogue signal from a transmitter to a receiver?
I was only wondering because some wireless users complain that after they stand 50ft away, there are latency issues. Surely, this is just because at that distance it takes time for the sound from your cab/PA to reach you. Like, a noticeable gap between you doing something, and then hearing it. Not necessarily a latency issue is it? More a sort of... physics issue i guess!

Truckstop[/quote]
Sound is effectively a pressure wave. A radio signal is an electromagnetic wave and (more-or-less) propogates at the speed of light, i.e. a lot, lot faster than sound.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there, just having my 2 penneth!

just got a line 6 relay g90, and well, its amazing! go where you want when you want, and the cable sim is genious! my brother has the g50 for his guitar after saying he would NEVER go wireless! now he wont go back

something the g90 has that i've not seen mentioned is the screen will go different colours, according to how you want it to look/ the leds on your amp!

i've used the top end sennheiser, the bottom and top range akg, the samson and the guitar bug. all pants next to the relay! this really is the best wireless on the market, i'm convinced! no loss in tone at all - even the sennheiser had that, and i had to walk thr other side of 4 thick brick walls before it cut out for a millisecond! then it was fine again!

obviously i've used a fair few and dont my research, but really, don't bother and just get the relay

(nb - i promise i don't work for line 6! oh and i don't get on with their pedals and amps either!)

• 5 months later...

I'm looking to go wireless again but have not had much luck in the past. Always interference, signal loss, noise etc - If I could get a good sound in practice, you could guarantee that something would go wrong when I tried live so in the end I just gave up :)

I've been looking at the line 6 and the BRACE DWG-1000 - there are lots of good reviews for the Line 6 (especially tone handling) but I would be interested if anyone could give me a heads up on the BRACE DWG-1000. Is it any good / reliable? What's the range / tone like please?

Si