Why become a member? ×

-

Jus Lukin

[quote name='Gust0o' post='901208' date='Jul 21 2010, 07:44 PM']The small matter of $3,000 is holding me back, Lorne. Sadly, we're not all paid like City bankers - though Aviva could live up to their brand promise of recognition, and recognise that I'd like to be! :)

What's the incoming?[/quote]

I'm not paid like a city banker!

And you'll have to wait until Saturday or Sunday to see what is incoming (Going out on the bevvy saturday) :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lorne' post='901077' date='Jul 21 2010, 05:01 PM']Why,yes I do,wanna buy it? it's the trans Brown Mockingbird here[/quote]

Sorted for mockingbirds. My TJ mock has the novelty of not being owned by Shockwave in addition to being a superb instrument. Am looking for an NJ BC rich body for cheap to go with the neck I have, the warlock body is so butchered getting it smooth will change its shape.

That is a novelty! Both of my Eagles have been through his hands!

The only one I've looked at recently, other than my £30 Plat, was Greco's Gunslinger. That bass looked lovely!

If I sign a new contract, I think I'll be due a treat. Think he was looking for $600 - bit easier to sneak past the wife.

Lorne - I'll look for pics on Sunday. NGD and a hangover? Hope this is the Sei.

[quote name='andyjingram' post='901457' date='Jul 21 2010, 11:24 PM']Well, I've got them on my wishlist! I think my daydreams have more of the fine details tied up than real life actually! There was also going to be a cheapo Warlock, to get me started, and perhaps an Ignitor in there at some point too. :)[/quote]

An Ignitor bass would be exceptionally rare

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='901483' date='Jul 22 2010, 12:03 AM']Sorted for mockingbirds. My TJ mock has the novelty of not being owned by Shockwave in addition to being a superb instrument. Am looking for an NJ BC rich body for cheap to go with the neck I have, the warlock body is so butchered getting it smooth will change its shape.[/quote]

Both my Mockingbirds have not been through Shockwave's hands,in fact,none of my current BCR's have been owned by him

Ref the NJ Body,I might have a snakeskin Warlock up for sale late sept If my friend doesn't get his ass in order to fix the neck

Edited by Lorne

[quote name='Gust0o' post='901493' date='Jul 22 2010, 12:18 AM']That is a novelty! Both of my Eagles have been through his hands!

The only one I've looked at recently, other than my £30 Plat, was Greco's Gunslinger. That bass looked lovely!

If I sign a new contract, I think I'll be due a treat. Think he was looking for $600 - bit easier to sneak past the wife.

Lorne - I'll look for pics on Sunday. NGD and a hangover? Hope this is the Sei.[/quote]

Buy my quilted maple Mockingbird and I'll get a Sei,by my Lynott Mock and I'll buy more than 1 :)

[quote name='Lorne' post='901499' date='Jul 22 2010, 12:27 AM']Both my Mockingbirds have not been through Shockwave's hands,in fact,none of my current BCR's have been owned by him

Ref the NJ Body,I might have a snakeskin Warlock up for sale late sept If my friend doesn't get his ass in order to fix the neck[/quote]

You can say that now, but they go to Rob from you, so it's not like you are out of the equation. Just gotta remember who had the mock with the curling-up 100 piece neck, and find what became of the body.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='901511' date='Jul 22 2010, 12:46 AM']You can say that now, but they go to Rob from you, so it's not like you are out of the equation. Just gotta remember who had the mock with the curling-up 100 piece neck, and find what became of the body.[/quote]

The 2 I have leaving,are not going Rob's way :)

No idea about a Mock with the 100 piece neck,I've never had one :rolleyes:

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='901805' date='Jul 22 2010, 12:33 PM']How much is the Lynott one? Reason I started playing bass :)[/quote]

£LOTS

As the old saying goes (Well in car terms anyway),if you have to ask,then you can't afford it LOL (J/K)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='902895' date='Jul 23 2010, 10:18 AM']I quite fancy the ST that the chappy from Warrant (was it?) had - the one from the ice hockey ad; either that or the yellow Ironbird the lad from Wasp had. Guaranteed to turn some heads![/quote]

I might still be able to get you the "Smoke My Pole" bass from Warrant,however,it's paint is knackered and the price he wants for it is crazy,$4500!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Gust0o' post='903022' date='Jul 23 2010, 11:50 AM']Was that one we had the pics of on bcrichplayers? I thought someone had dug out a BO replica?

$4500 is step if it's knackered, mind.[/quote]

Yes,I posted those pictures,it is NOT a replica,the one Jerry Dixon owned was a bolt on.

I would love the bass too,but No Freakin' way for that price

[quote name='bubinga5' post='900551' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:19 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABLwmYI09Lw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABLwmYI09Lw[/url]

Mr Preston on a BC[/quote]

awesome.

[quote name='andyjingram' post='900616' date='Jul 20 2010, 11:31 PM']Bubinga- it is not often I will sit and just watch and listen to something on youtube for 3 minutes without drifting off, let alone 10:23, but that was, by a long way, the coolest thing I have seen in ages. Just cool in many, many ways. Oh, and there was a BC Rich looking in place too! Thanks. :)[/quote]

+1

What model of BC Rich is he playing? - it looks fantastic.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='904179' date='Jul 24 2010, 05:35 PM']Bc-Rich Wave.[/quote]

thanks Shockwave. I just googled it. To be honest, it isn't the first time I've jumped to some rash conclusions in a dark club. I can't say that I like the look of it as much in the light of day :)
The bass version of the shape is still much prettier than the guitar version though.

cheers
G

Edited by Gwilym