Why become a member? ×

'WITHDRAWN'

EddyGlee

LOVE THIS. Never thought I'd own a signature bass and I picked one of these up in GuitarGuitar and it kicked the arse off EVERY other Fender/Bass in the shop! F**KING INCREDIBLE! Someone is going to get a bargain :)

Hi there,
Just a couple of questions:
where was this made, is it a mexican or american..???
and if my eyes dont decieve me, is the truss rod hole filled in at the head ?? how is it adjusted. :)
Finally , how would the sound of this compare to a Fender P bass ??
I really like the look of this bass as i love jazz basses. I have a Sandberg California JJ which i use as my one and only. Am currently looking at adding a fender USA P bass.. but this could tempt me !!! AND coincidentally i am in Cheshire :rolleyes:
regards
Keith M

[quote name='EddyGlee' post='908488' date='Jul 28 2010, 05:54 PM']Its a 1972 replica of the bass Geddy Lee uses,
it's made in Japan with American Parts like quite a few signature basses (Marcus Miller signature)
U.S Badass 2 bridge, Original U.S 60's Pickups( tapered pole)
U.S CTS controls.
the Truss Rod Adjustment is located at the Butt end of the neck where it joins the body! as FENDER didn't move truss rod adjustment to headstock till mid/late 70's ( its back at the butt end again now on all new USA Fenders tho)
and the main differences between this jazz and a Precision is:- it has a slimmer neck than P Bass
the pickups are 2 single coils which have more variation of tone than the Precision which has just 1 humbucking pickup!
Dont wanna dis the P Bass cos i love them too :) it all boils down to taste at the end of the day!
but this is a fantastic sounding/playing instrument

If you wanna know anything else let me know

Regards :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks Dude
great reply
cojitation time
regards
Keith M

G'day,
I am looking for a Fender Geddy Lee in decent condition, willing to pay cash but would rather do some trading as I have too much gear about.

you can have any of the following and we can come to a deal

Warwick double buck $$ 4 string in black.
Yamaha TRB5 5 string on red
Sansamp Bass DDi delux
Boss enhancer/limiter
EBS Compressor
Boss bass overdrive
Akai Unibass
line 6 x2 wireless system
bass balls
behringer digital delay
electric drum kit (cheapo £250 new from e bay one)

[quote name='EddyGlee' post='909486' date='Jul 29 2010, 05:36 PM']Dunno ... it's a GL fest out there :)

Should buy mine for knowing it's Geddy Lee's Birthday today! :rolleyes:[/quote]
Good spot = good luck with the sale!

• 2 weeks later...