Why become a member? ×

Status Energy 5 String, For Sale **NOW SOLD**

silverfoxnik

**NOW SOLD**

Hi Folks,

I'm posting this up on here on behalf of a friend of mine...Here's what he has to say about it:

[i]"...Status Energy (Special Edition from the Custom Shop) 5 String. Black Polyester Finish, Woven Graphite neck, Status Hyperactive pick ups & Hiscox Case. Looks gorgeous .. plays wonderfully.... Only marks are a few belt scratches on the back...."[/i]

**NOW SOLD**

The bass is located near Brighton..Here's a photo..

[attachment=54552:Status_Energy_5.jpeg]

If you want any more info, you can email Steve direct about it here: [email protected]

Cheers

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Was busy all day yesterday and couldn't get online, but thanks for the messages folk..

I've passed them on to Steve and I know that he has also had some direct messages as well. . I'm just waiting for him to tell me what is happening so i can let you know..

It's definitely an Energy model. The Eclipse had the front pickup in the "hotspot" in the middle of the body, whereas the Energy had the pickup about an inch off the graphite neck join. :) Lovely looking bass as well! Can't see properly in the picture, but is it the standard 3-control eq? (The one with the mixed treble/bass combined into one eq boost control?) This will make a lovely bass for someone!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='902519' date='Jul 22 2010, 11:14 PM']It's definitely an Energy model. The Eclipse had the front pickup in the "hotspot" in the middle of the body, whereas the Energy had the pickup about an inch off the graphite neck join.[/quote]
Well, I couldn't tell you if it's an Eclipse or Energy but I definitely CAN tell you that the pickup placement on this is identical to my Eclipse 5 Ltd. The gap from end of neck to neck pickup is exactly the same as the gap between neck pickup and bridge pickup on both my bass and on this (so far as I can tell from the photograph)

However, Eclipses were made with more than one pickup config. See [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20010218070234/http://www.status-graphite.com/oldsite/eclArt.htm"]HERE[/url]

I could be wrong but I thought the distinction between an energy and eclipse was the arched top on the latter ?

Andy

Someone buy this and put me out of my misery. I've just bought another bass. I knew something like this would come up as soon as I parted with my dosh. Damm.

If I had the money I would have had it within a millisecond of it coming up. :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='903563' date='Jul 23 2010, 08:59 PM']And replied..[/quote]

Nick,
I e-mailed Steve direct yesterday afternoon and haven't heard anything. Could you mention if you speak to him please.
Cheers,
Stuart

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='904164' date='Jul 24 2010, 05:24 PM']I'm not aware of any gazumping on this bass..But in the interests of doing things properly, I'll ask Steve for an update/explanation and let you know..[/quote]

Hi Folks,

As promised, here's the lowdown from Steve:

[i]"Nick,

The price for the bass is still £400 plus postage and if there wasn't so many people commiting to buy then not following through it would be sorted by now.

Cheers....Steve"[/i]

Nik

I sent Steve an email asking for his Paypal details, offering the asking price + postage as requested in an email I received from Steve, which also asked me to say if I didn't want it - as he would then 'move forward in order of enquiry'??

The next email I received from him said that someone had 'got in first'?????

My offer is still open & I am ready to send him the asking price + postage - as I was six days ago!

Sorry Nik, but given these facts - it is only natural that people will suspect a bit of gazumping had occured!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='904517' date='Jul 25 2010, 08:39 AM']Hi Folks,

As promised, here's the lowdown from Steve:

[i]"Nick,

The price for the bass is still £400 plus postage and if there wasn't so many people commiting to buy then not following through it would be sorted by now.

Cheers....Steve"[/i]

Nik[/quote]

Edited by dodgnofski

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='904777' date='Jul 25 2010, 03:01 PM']I agreed to pay the asking price; no more,no less.- I think that puts the gazumping claim where it belongs..[/quote]
You said you spoke to him on Friday "and agreed a deal".
There are four people who spoke to him before Friday yet your post made it sound like a done deal, which of course is going to piss people off if they'd contacted the seller before you.

Edited by RhysP