Why become a member? ×

Status Energy 5 String, For Sale **NOW SOLD**

silverfoxnik

Just to really put 'things where they belong'?? - my original email asking how Steve wanted to be paid & requesting postage costs was sent on Monday 19th at 7.50am!! which if you do the maths, you'll find is a little bit before last 'Friday'????

[quote name='RhysP' post='904791' date='Jul 25 2010, 03:22 PM']You said you spoke to him on Friday "and agreed a deal".
There are four people who spoke to him before Friday yet your post made it sound like a done deal, which of course is going to piss people off if they'd contacted the seller before you.[/quote]

At the end of the day, how many times do you see on a FS posting, "i would love this, but need to sell....", "This is my dream Bass, but I can't afford it".
A BassChat member had the sense to ask for a phone number, ring the seller and agree a deal. That's the way to do it.
And I was one of the people "in the queue" and have learnt a lesson.

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='904564' date='Jul 25 2010, 10:28 AM']I sent Steve an email asking for his Paypal details, offering the asking price + postage as requested in an email I received from Steve, which also asked me to say if I didn't want it - as he would then 'move forward in order of enquiry'??

The next email I received from him said that someone had 'got in first'?????

My offer is still open & I am ready to send him the asking price + postage - as I was six days ago!

Sorry Nik, but given these facts - it is only natural that people will suspect a bit of gazumping had occured![/quote]
Hmm..Admittedly, that does seem odd but it's difficult for me to comment as I've not been involved in that part of the process. And wthout wishing to get involved further in the 'debate' (because I can't affect it either way) I would just add that whenever I've had a number of enquiries at the same time when selling something, it can get a bit confusing...so maybe that's what happened here? Steve is a very straight person though and he wouldn't do something like encourage gazumping; I'm pretty sure of that.

But as you know, this is not my sale so I won't say anymore because I've not been involved in the fielding of direct emails etc which is where the problem seems to lie..

On a personal note, I'm sorry if any one here feels that they have not been treated appropriately; occasionally that has happened to me too on Basschat and it's not a nice feeling.. This does make me think that I probably won't do this kind of hosting someone else's sale on Basschat again as it's potentially too problematic.