Why become a member? ×

Custom Shop incoming

throwoff

I finally took the plunge and ordered a Custom shop bass today :)

I am still sorting out my Shuker in the background but this one is signed off and sealed!

I don't want to give too much away (Wayne knows a bit about it although I changed quite a bit since talking to him!)

It is a well know brand but in a style completely unlike what they usually make :rolleyes:

Delivery is November - December so its a bit of a wait ahead :lol:

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='895656' date='Jul 15 2010, 02:53 PM']Well thats the biggest none news thread of the week.[/quote]
I was going to start a thread saying I had some nice chicken soup for lunch but I don't think I'll bother now :)

Oh to hell with it

I just got my confirmation so I might as well boast!

Ti's a Warwick
Corvette $$ in High Polish Solid Yellow
Matched headstock
Tigerstripe Ebony Board
Nameplate at 24th (secret!)

Edited by throwoff

I love them too but I wanted something a bit different.
I almost went for a Streamer LX but I just cannot get the big sound of those twin MM's out of my head!

Initially I went for plain Jane maple board but I though to keep a bit of Warwickness to it I would go for the flamed maple.

Looks like might actually be early January now (not Warwicks fault but mine, want to make sure I can pay it all of for when it arrives!)

Edited by throwoff

[quote name='throwoff' post='895703' date='Jul 15 2010, 03:40 PM']Oh to hell with it

I just got my confirmation so I might as well boast!

Ti's a Warwick
Corvette $$ in High Polish Solid Yellow
Matched headstock
Flamed Maple Fingerboard (Satin Finish)
Maple Neck
Hipshot D-Tuner
Nameplate at 12th saying Tom[/quote]

Whats unusual about that? Am I missing something?

Anyway, nice one! Always good to have something that is special to you being made :) I'm guessing the Wayne input was the colour?!

[quote name='throwoff' post='895718' date='Jul 15 2010, 03:56 PM']I almost went for a Streamer LX but I just cannot get the big sound of those twin MM's out of my head![/quote]

Could you not get a Streamer with MMs?

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='charic' post='895728' date='Jul 15 2010, 04:03 PM']I would've put an ebony board on it instead I think. Offset to the yellow you know?[/quote]

Really tempted to do this but I prefer Maple boards, my Ray and P are both maple boards and I absolutely love them to pieces
Although now you mention it....

I wonder If I have time to change my mind!

[quote name='throwoff' post='895747' date='Jul 15 2010, 04:19 PM']And turns out I did :)

Ebony Board and I changed the nameplate a bit
but what it will now say remains a secret![/quote]

Your welcome! Does it now say "This was going to be maple but Charic changed my mind so I'm giving this bass to him" ?