Why become a member? ×

My Basschat / EBay 70s(ish) P-bass

Cat Burrito

Had a few weeks out of Basschat just as I needed to be offline a bit more. I'd acquired a few bass parts and wanted to put together a P-bass. I salvaged the neck from my original 1989 P-bass, bought a 70s USA P-bass body on the 'Bay and pretty much got everything else from Basschat.

I liked the 70s thing of stripping the finish so I've taken this back and waxed it up. Gigged it twice at the weekend and it's great. Great Wizard Trad pickup in there and ultra heavy flatwounds. You get the idea.

It took me a few evenings to strip the paint, sand it down and wax it up but definitely worth it. It feels more personal than picking something off the wall :)

It's quite light & the seller was a bit hard done by because it was an old fashioned auction... I stayed up until 3.20am & won it for around a mere £150! It appears genuine too & this has been confirmed

This whole project has cost me less than £300

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='892123' date='Jul 11 2010, 06:06 PM']It's quite light & the seller was a bit hard done by because it was an old fashioned auction... I stayed up until 3.20am & won it for around a mere £150! It appears genuine too & this has been confirmed

This whole project has cost me less than £300[/quote]

Bargain! fantastic job and good to see someone else go with a Trad :)