Why become a member? ×

Tuners bushings don't fit

I've got a set of Hipshot HB-2s but the press-in bushings are too small for the holes in the headstock by about a millimetre or so. What would be the best way of fixing in the bushings? I've previously tried glueing them in but the tension of the string on the tuner post has caused a couple of them to start pulling out.

Tape at the minute seems to be the best solution just now, I don't have the tools or know-how to plug and re-drill the holes. If it doesn't work I can always take it to the shop to get it done professionally, it could do with a new nut anyway.

In order to fit vintage bushings to current Fenders and Squiers, I cut up a plastic shampoo bottle into strips, wound the strips around the bush, then pushed that all in. Worked a treat. However, that's a bigger difference than you are having to overcome. Otherwise, plumber's tape.

[quote name='Telebass' post='892920' date='Jul 12 2010, 04:20 PM']In order to fit vintage bushings to current Fenders and Squiers, I cut up a plastic shampoo bottle into strips, wound the strips around the bush, then pushed that all in. Worked a treat. However, that's a bigger difference than you are having to overcome. Otherwise, plumber's tape.[/quote]
but what do you do with the shampoo? :)