Why become a member? ×

Shuker 5 String Precision- Picked up today!!

Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='nash' post='611199' date='Sep 28 2009, 08:12 PM']i've be wondering who's got the nice 5 string P on jons site.

EMG's are the DB's.

i can't wait to get my Shuker jazz. putting the deposit down pretty soon.[/quote]

There's two and you've spent about 6 hours in the car with one of them ... :)

my crude mock-up with a spec list that me and Jon put together.

4 String trad J bass

34" scale
20 frets
maple neck
maple f/board
black block inlay
black f/board binding
white side dots
4 in lin headstock (shuker shape, slightly oversized to start then reduced to normal size if you prefer)
two way truss rod
carbon fibre reinforcement
jumbo fretwire
bone nut
hipshot ultralite tuners, chrome clover leaf
round string retainer
satin neck lacquer

swamp ash body
recessed neck bolts
carved heel
polyester basecoat
transparent purple burst
wet look gloss topcoat
BWB s/plate, U cutout for t rod access
chrome control plate
trad jazz knobs
Hipshot A series bridge

EMG P & MM pickups
vol, balance, tone, jack

[quote name='nash' post='611263' date='Sep 28 2009, 09:01 PM']my crude mock-up with a spec list that me and Jon put together.

4 String trad J bass

34" scale
20 frets
maple neck
maple f/board
black block inlay
black f/board binding
white side dots
4 in lin headstock (shuker shape, slightly oversized to start then reduced to normal size if you prefer)
two way truss rod
carbon fibre reinforcement
jumbo fretwire
bone nut
hipshot ultralite tuners, chrome clover leaf
round string retainer
satin neck lacquer

swamp ash body
recessed neck bolts
carved heel
polyester basecoat
transparent purple burst
wet look gloss topcoat
BWB s/plate, U cutout for t rod access
chrome control plate
trad jazz knobs
Hipshot A series bridge

EMG P & MM pickups
vol, balance, tone, jack[/quote]

Hot Damn!
You 'orrible lot are not doing my GAS much good!
I'm really digging P Basses at the minute, please please stop! :)

Eude

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='253394' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:04 PM']Well, after setting off at 6 this morning and completing a round-trip of 360 miles, my 5 string P Bass is finally here.

It took a fair bit longer than Jon estimated, but once I saw it in the flesh and played it I would have waited another 6 months for it!!

It is beautiful and I think Jon has done a superb job. It's exactly what I asked for but honestly it has come out better than I ever hoped.

The EMG's sound amazing and the neck is exactly the same dimensions as my old Stingray 5 string (exactly as I spec'd it). The colour is amazing and took my breath away when I first saw it. The ash grain comes through incredibly well and if anything, the pics don't do it justice. The Mother of Pearl on the neck is beautiful and has a very deep lustre.

He's a thoroughly decent guy and an incredibly talented craftsman. He even fitted a passive switch to my Stingray FOC while I waited.

I'm sure this is not to everyone's taste, but I spec'd out and asked for a traditional P Bass with a few modern touches. I think he's delivered it and more.

It will fit in beautifully with my Stingray and Fender P Bass. I'm seriously happy and would not hesitate to use Jon again if I ever decided to buy another custom bass.

I hope you like it as much as I do. Here's my new bass named after my Wife who chose the colour scheme.[/quote]
This bass is beautiful, where did you get the dog ornament thingy from? my mum has the same one :)

[quote name='cocco' post='649475' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:36 AM']This bass is beautiful, where did you get the dog ornament thingy from? my mum has the same one :)[/quote]

Thanks! I picke dht edog up from Matlock Bath one Sunday. There's all the bikers lethered up strutting down the road with me in the middle carrying a spring-loaded metal dog :rolleyes:

They'd tell you otherwise but I think they were scared.

• 2 weeks later...