Why become a member? ×

markbass question?? combo/amp

hen barn

i m after a markbass LM11 or F1 amp but have just been offered a combo??? the thing is this combo says on the back its CMD103h but its clearly not as it only has 2 spekers?? and he says they are 12???but he is not certain about the speakers.
so would i need help?

could it be a cmd102?
if it is a cmd103 can i ad speakers to boast the power??

does it sound doggy

or a bargin at the right price??

Sounds dodgy, as it should clearly have a model number somewhere on the combo - especially on the speaker connection plate.

But if it is a CMD103 it should have plenty of welly. I run an LMK through an Epifani UL310 and NEVER go past 5 on the master volume - and that's with the loudest band I play with - a 7 piece with horns and HUGE P.A. In my opinion I think the Markbass heads (well, the F500 and LMK that I have) are so well voiced for bass that they honestly seem way louder than they should be. That - or the amps I've had in the past - Ashdown 400w, Acoustic Image Focus 2 600w, Euphonic Audio iAmp800 800w and Epifani UL902c 900w into 4ohms x 2 - were all seriously over-rated in both watts, chutzpah and general usefulness. Apologies if I've offended any lovers of those amps, but after years of frustration with them my opinion is that my Markbass heads just wee's on them :)

Edited by Gareth Hughes

I had a 103 and it does have 3 speakers, it was the best combo I've ever owned it did not need help at all in the volume department at all, in fact there's a used one on Bass Direct's website. If you can get it at a good price and can look at it before you buy to check which model it is I would say buy it.

[url="http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=en"]http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=en[/url]

Check the link for info on Markbass models. I don't think there ever was a Markbass combo with two 12" speakers.

As far as the combos are concerned, yes, they are the dogs danglies. Even my CMD121P, a 1 x 12, is loud.

I agree 100% with Gareth on these little amps.

Frank

Agree that the Marbass 102 combo which I have used a lot, is a very useful piece of kit.

If I was looking for a combo, this 2x10 option would be top of my starting list.

Haven't used the 12 oe 15" versions, but the amp makes it, IMV and I am a fan of the 10's..and the bass response.

To complete this rig at a later date or if applicable, I'd probably add a modular MB 2x10