Why become a member? ×

Warwick thumb NT for £650 With LEDS.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Thumb-Bass-Custom-made-4-string-Ocean-Blue-/170508120139?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item27b313704b"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Thumb-Bass-C...=item27b313704b[/url]

Someone might want to snap it up, i would... but its pickup only.

Rob :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='884184' date='Jul 2 2010, 05:55 PM']maple bodied thumb? thats not normal is it?[/quote]

Not normal at all but you can order pretty much any combination you like on a Warwick Custom bass. That does lead me to believe that his quoted original purchase price is just for an off the shelf Thumb. I'd also prepare for the worst and assume the LEDs are kapput because it'd take nothing to fix if the problem is simply a battery wiring loom, you'd get it fixed if it was that easy... well most people would anyway! :)

[quote name='D-L-B' post='888815' date='Jul 7 2010, 06:48 PM']How difficult do you think it would be to sand back through all that horrible blue?[/quote]

If it is a factory High Gloss finish then it'd be a swine to do (personal experience :rolleyes: ), chemical peelers/strippers barely put a mark on these finishes; the curves and concave/convex contouring also make it difficult to do well with a flat sander... being a NT doesn't help either! :)

It could be done though.