Why become a member? ×

Simms Watt PA100 MK1

Another vintage amp from my collection, this really is one of my favs but I've decided I really don't need 2.

You don't see the silver ones very often and this one is fully serviced sporting Groove Tube EL34's, I think the preamp valves are all Brimar, either way it sounds fantastic, works at 16 or 8 ohms well 15 and 7.5 but it's the same thing :) also unlike everyone that comes up on ebay this is extremely clean and well looked after.

4 channels each with their own Bass, Treble and volume controls, 2 inputs per channel which can also work as outputs so you can daisy chain channels to squeeze every last drop of volume out of it, this amp is fine for most people's gigs, Monz managed for 3 months with it and my Matamp 4x10 when he was waiting for his GT200 and 2 4x10's.

Not a lot more I can say about it, it's always been my favourite sounding amp, well it and the MK2 I also have (Which I'm keeping because my g/f likes the colour more, but if you really want the MK2 over the MK1 I can sort that out that one however is loaded with old Mullard valves so sounds a bit different to this one but in a more vintage fuzzy way, this is definitely the louder of the two)

They have more low end than you'll ever need and plenty of treble on tap when you want, was good enough for the Ox to use during the 70's

After £300 but open to offers.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='943987' date='Sep 2 2010, 09:58 PM']You spoke to Adam from Flatlands? I don't know is his is still knocking around. Needs a little TLC (the amp, not Adam).[/quote]
yeah he sold it for fook all to someone bit gutted about that

8ohms is fine, I can run this on my stereo 8x10 at 16 ohms by taking the 8 ohm cabs and running them in series.

I can ship, ideally if you can arrange the courier i'll just get it packed to a ridiculous standard :)

It's 20kgs so think 25kgs when packed

I'll measure tonight for dimensions but the shipping box will be a lot bigger than the amp :rolleyes:

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW! What a blast from the past. That amp is the same as my first PA amp one or two years back :) Amazing people hung onto these, I always needed a hand to lift it anywhere :)

Good luck with the sale, have a nostalgic bump on me :lol:

Edited by BassTool